Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Hyundai Think Tank - Open for New Members

Old 03-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Hyundai Think Tank - Open for New Members

I've been a member of the Hyundai Think Tank since 2009, and this is only the third time I've seen them open it up for new members. The Hyundai Think Tank allows you to interact with Hyundai staff to give them feedback on the cars and ideas for what they can do to improve. It also comes with access to Hyundai Circle Discount pricing on a new Hyundai (last month it saved me about $3k off my 2013 Coupe).

They also have online chat sessions with vehicle designers, and on March 21st there's an online chat session with CEO John Krafcik.

The Hyundai Think Tank is also supporting the GenSport 2013 Spring Tail of the Dragon event by sending some Hyundai swag to give away. If you're interested in contributing your thoughts and ideas directly to Hyundai, take a second to sign up.

Hyundai Think Tank Registration

Here's a quote from their website:

The Hyundai Think Tank is a private online community where we have invited a select group of people to become our trusted advisors, contributing to the development of Hyundai products and services. We are excited to share exclusive insider information and to enable you to interact with some of Hyundai’s key staff members. Along the way, we’d also like to learn a little bit more about you, your unique lifestyle and how we can improve your automotive experience with Hyundai.

As a member of Hyundai’s Think Tank, you will be invited to participate in real-time live chat sessions, polls, surveys and discussion boards. It is our hope that you will drop in and see us once a week. Your feedback is very important and will help shape future offerings. In return, we will regularly share with you how your feedback is used to inform various Hyundai products, services, and ideas.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The insider information from thinktank is very, very minuscule and generalized from what I remember. They answer the easiest questions, the ones everyone already knows the answers to. Not very useful or detailed. I'd compare the whole thing to a White House press conference with Jay Carney. You're not going to get straight answers, or thorough answers, just generalizations.

The Krafcik session might be worth it because hes a flexible, honest, and open guy, but youd have to know your craft to retrieve really exclusive information. The best way to get exclusive info from Krafcik is in person. That's when he gives hints at new ideas or secrets. Best way to do that is not online or with designers but on YouTube because its live and unscripted whereas here it's all planned, written, broad, and promoted in some way.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Thank you for your interest in the Hyundai Think Tank.

At this time we are seeking people with a different criteria. However, we look forward to hearing from you and welcome feedback from everyone.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM

Lol just go back and give a higher age/bday or change your answer like you make $40 - $60 k (USD) per year. The computer will let you in.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Nah, I think they only want Yankees. I tried and got the same response.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Administrator

They don't want Auto Industry people in the Think Tank. Probably not journalists either... and I think only people in the U.S.

HKC - Since they aren't validating who people are aside from a short pointed questionnaire, I assure you they aren't releasing any trade secrets or confidential plans. The last Krafcik chat session I was on, they did discuss the AWD options for the Genesis platform and their thoughts/intents behind that. I found it interesting.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

They don't want Auto Industry people in the Think Tank. Probably not journalists either... and I think only people in the U.S.

They want to know how to sell more velosters to secretaries
Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Administrator

...says the aussie who hasn't seen a veloster
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Good point. I actually didn't think of it that say but if its info that's apparent I don't see it as a very valuable experience. I do however like that they're somewhat involved in Tail of the Dragon.

They want to know how to sell more velosters to secretaries

Make it pretty. And faster.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Administrator

If info about upcoming releases and corporate insight is the only value you're looking for, then it isn't worth it.

If you would like to talk with the designers to get more insight into why they do some sort of styling instead of another, package options a certain way, or market to specific demographic then you could find it useful.

If you want to purchase a new Hyundai vehicle in the near future you may find it rewarding.

If you want to have a platform to let Hyundai know how you really feel about the direction they've taken with designs, obvious things they missed in a recent car (such as the inside trunk handle or rear seat hanger hooks in the 2010 that appeared in 2011), or what you would like to see them integrate into their platform in the near future then it would be a great method of doing so. This is a THINK TANK after all, something known for getting user feedback and ideas.

Or, if you want to join yet another community of owners/enthusiasts and be involved in drawings or prizes for answering surveys or doing little research games on their site then it may be something to pass the time while you're at work.

I'm not the only one involved in organizing Hyundai meets. I know Floyd has several times in the Northwest, I know different pockets attend Cars & Coffee meets on Saturdays (Think Tank recently got involved in one in SoCal), and I know there's a big event in Canada that occurs. The Hyundai Think Tank encourages community involvement and may be willing to help you support such things, as they're doing with the Genesis meet in the Smokey Mountains.