Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Classifieds Only
45.95%
For Sale Forum Only
32.43%
Both Classifieds and For Sale Forum
21.62%
Neither
0%
Other: Please post
0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Classified/For Sale section

Old 02-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Classified/For Sale section

So I am posting this because I read about some peoples dislike toward the new Classified section. So I thought I would take proper channels and start a thread so our Admin could see if the general public likes or dislikes this new change.

Whatever your position give a reason why. This way we won't have "Because I don't like it"

Personally I hate the new system because I check this forum once a day and I click view new posts. When doing this the new listings in the Classified section don't show up. Also you can't see who has dibs on an item.

And it sounds like people have to spend a long time setting it up which I would assume that if they sell something they fail to remove the item. Don't know if that is true though because I have not sold anything.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I just posted a bunch of items. It is more time consuming but I do like the way it organizes things better. My biggest complaint would be that I can't edit my classifieds!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

I agree with red tib i think its easier and more convenient for the forum topic post not classifieds
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

My problem with the classifieds is that there is no real way to get some form of feedback. If there are disputes and such, I see no way of resolution without going through paypal. The For sale forum had a more open atmosphere to air problems and obtain feedback.

Not that I've had any problems with anyone I've bought from, but I also haven't bought from anyone through the classifieds yet.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tib1

I do like the new classifieds section for the organization. But I think its biggest weakness is editing. For example, I forgot to add a picture and could not go back to upload it. So here is my idea:

Say you have 5 engine items you want to sell. Maybe there could be an option for a multiple item post, where you could add items and pictures then, as they are sold, be able to mark it as such.

Also, just as the forums have a limited amount of time for editing, the new classified section could have it as well in case you miss spelled or worded something wrong, or forgot to actually attach

the picture like me. Maybe even adding a "Part Out" section for people Parting out or with multiple items.

Just my 2cents
Old 02-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

New Classified section in my opinon sucks just because if i wanted to just sell multiple items instead of taking an hour making one dedicated post, showing pictures and price... and explaining my individual items in one shot, i know have to skip around, and make multiple pages for the items, and it doesnt let you EDIT the posts this taking several hours, also there is no way to show dib's and also when a seller asks a question about the item on the classified section, there is no heads up or alert of any kind about it, and i hav had several question go unanwsered because i didnt see it till someone else paid for the item and i went to delete that thread.

I personally think it should go back to the original For Sale Forum, and Thread. It was a very open, first come first serve, and was fair. I feel that is was much easier and you can see it in the View New Post, so that feature will help sellers sell there items.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The decision to go from the For Sale forum to the Classifieds section was not made on a whim. There has been some friction lately and the site staff are currently discussing the issue again.

If you can post multiple items, it's a For Sale thread not a Classified post, that's the nature of the beast.

If you can't edit your Classifieds, that's dumb and we need to look at that.

I miss seeing the new FS threads in VIEW NEW POSTS also, maybe we can look at that too.

If there was a problem before, there was also no mechanism for resolution through HyundaiAftermarket. The site is a host, not a content or goods provider. Just about the absolute worst we can do is ban somebody and provide an IP address and site postings to legal authorities. HyundaiAftermarket has nothing to do with money or shipping on either end. It's between the seller and the buyer in every case and *always* has been.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just a few points I would like to make here....

1. The classifieds system is something you will start to see on alot more forums. I'm on multiple forums, and all but one are all using this type of system now. Its the next generation of how people are going to start offering things for sale. If its not liked here, then chances are it wont be liked when other places start going to the new system more and more. I know people dont like change and would prefer to stick with the traditional way of selling stuff in a FS forum, but as technology changes....people will be forced to go the new route at some point.

2. As far as editing goes, you should be able to edit your OWN listing.

3. If you have alot of stuff for sale, you can just post it all in one listing. How's that any different from when you have alot of stuff posted in a single thread in the FS forum?

4. When people have questions or want to call dibs, theres a question and answer section under each listing. Its the same as when someone makes a reply in a FS thread. When a question is made in the listing, you receive an email and PM telling you, which compared to the FS forum...the only time you got a notification is if you subscribed to the thread.

5. When you click on View New Posts, there are 5 tabs you can click through. Forums, Members, Event Calendar, Blogs, and Classifieds. This is where you can see what new stuff is being listed for sale. Also, when you create a new listing, the right hand side panel that you can slide in and out on the forum index lists the top 5 new classified listings.

Basically, the classifieds feature does everything a regular FS forum does, and more. Yes, its new. Yes, it takes some getting used to. Am I totally against bringing back the FS forum? Not at all. But I would like to give the Classifieds system a shot since its the new way of doing things and you will start to see more and more forums going this route.

I would like to get more opinions though on this, so please keep them coming and please give good explanations as to why you guys dont like it. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I simply thought that people weren't selling things anymore, and that's why there were very few, if any FS posts showing up in the "View New Posts".

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." -My dad.

What was wrong with the old way?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

If it ain't broke, don't fix it? To me that screams we should never seek improvement. If a car has 100hp and 10mpg, it isn't broken but it does need to be improved.

Some forums are larger than HA, and have a FS section for Engine, another for Exterior, another for Interior, etc., etc., Browsing in and out of multiple subforums to look for topics isn't efficient. IMO, it's better for the seller because their thread may get bumped to the 2nd page of the subforum, but in the Classifieds the buyer can eaasily find what he's looking for.

Unfortunately, people still suck at posting on the internet. Their FS thread title is, "FS: Lots of stuff" - if I'm browsing or searching for headers, or a strut bar, or whatever it may be, I have to open each thread to see what's for sale. TIME CONSUMING and frustrating! By putting it in the classifieds, we force you to put it in a certain section (Suspension, engine, etc.) so people can actually find what they WTB.