Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Calendar This Year?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

havent seen any threads about this. and we didnt spring for extra months last year. so i figured i would get ball rolling on this one.

also this year we have to get Jan/Feb at the end because it seems like every year i have months with no tibbys to look at till we finally get them in like march.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sounds good to me.

You wanting to head this one up?

I do believe Phorq was up for doing the printing, or am I insane?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Here's a thread I started last year to help with planning one for this year. People seem to prefer paying more for higher quality and thicker paper.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=29965

Last year, my concern was that people wouldn't want to spend money on a calendar, so I went as cheap as possible to give everyone an opportunity to buy. Final price was $13.52 for U.S. orders. That included shipping to my house and shipping to the customer. Pretty damn cheap, but people prefer better quality and would pay more.

Orders and Pricing: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=29839
Feedback and Poll: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=29965

I ordered the calendars at Thanksgiving, and I think that I started taking money at the end of December. I believe everyone (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) received their before February. Several people received theirs on Jan. 12th

We need someone to take the images and create designs for the calendar. If someone is willing to do that quickly, we can get calendars out.

I also made this post last year as a potential product:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Jan 19 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With SOCKS' help, I'm currently considering this for next year's calendars. It looks like we can get them for $20 if we sell 50, which puts the price about $5 higher than this year.

http://www.vistaprint.com/photo-wall-calen...p;xnav=top#here

It also allows for glossy paper, 100 pound stock instead of the 50 pound we got this year, and rush delivery (3 days) instead of waiting two weeks like this year. Since people are willing to pay a little more, we might be able to get a higher quality calendar next year.

Only drawback is the calendar is 8.5 x 11. I called their "customer support" and they said it was for each page, but the lady I talked to was really slow (not all there), so I'm still uncertain.</div>
Old 11-24-2009, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

good luck getting in touch w/ anyone in terms of sending good pics. really. good luck.

you'll either get the run around or ignored all together. after the 4th or 5th month this year and not getting anything from members at all... i simply gave up tryin. i want nothing to do w/ organizing the calendar.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Someone should do this since I really want to buy 2 calendars! *lol*
Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The problem is, there's no incentive for anyone to take it on. I added a few cents to every order last year to ensure that I wouldn't lose money.

The only reason I didn't lose money is because of a few late orders that weren't included in the original payment calculation, which ended up giving me about a $25 profit, which wasn't nearly worth the time I spent getting those shipped out and fronting the money to order 100 calendars.

The only person who's going to put their time into this is somebody who's dedicated to the community and wants to do it out of generosity. I'm just too swamped at work for the next two weeks to have time to mess with it.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:34 PM

well i really dont want to be the one who heads this up. but i do want a calendar so i might have to.

heres my questions

1. do we have at least some pic of ever COTM that we can work with. i was under assumption that if its not HQ we didnt even accpet submissions.

2. would you guys just be intrested in a collage for the extra months similar to what DTN did this past year.

3. if i get the designs ready to got to print, who is actually gonna take care of the printing??

4. i think we should just sell them for 15 even and let whoever ends up doing design/printing keep the rest.

any thoughts or comments on these questions??
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Maybe we should dump the COTm competitions all together?

Have a photo submition thread, folks post pictures of their cars, then we vote on them over the next month.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i like RED's idea.

in regards to good quality pics as a requirement in COTM, yea you're right. and also in the rules was how i was supposed to get emails from the winners.

i'm personally thinkin of steppin down from even running the contest, esp w/ my new job position.... or maybe its cuz the time of year. busiest time for a retail job. i have no time anymore. we shall see
Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 PM

if we do it like REDZ is saying then i will handle the design aspects of the calendar.

lets hurry and get a thread started. and we can just have MODS vote on winners so we can keep it simple and rush the process. ALSO even if we get the pics chosen, get it all designed and ready for print. we STILL dont know how were gonna print these or does someone have an idea on that aspect aswell??