Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Calendar Design Is Done Whos Printing This?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hey guys the calendar is done with visionz ahead by 10+ votes and its been awhile i just finished it. who or where is printing this bad boy, the .rar is up on megauploads.com so who do i get this to??

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSK1DT19

i did my part so now its time for another lucky person to deal with this smile.gif
Old 01-12-2010, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

ok what program is needed to view and print?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

a rar file is the same as a Zip file. I use WinRar to access the files. I can't remember what file extension the images are.

if it's PSD, that's photoshop.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The images are .jpg, but the calendar design is in QuarkXPress.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 AM

^^^ correct i used quark because its more precise for printing and i couldnt get my indesign working cause i DL a copy all in .rar files and its all mixed up.

just got back from local printer who says they can/will do it. i'm waitin on them to call me back with pricing on 40/50/60 qty.

so we need to actually start taking orders now to figure out how many we want and get the money together
Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator

We'll start taking orders as soon as we have estimated pricing and quality specs (size, full page spread or square pic on wide page, paper weight/thickness, etc.). People won't order until they know something about the calendars, and can't send money until we have an estimate on price.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

see, this is what I was trying to avoid last year. I had all of the images done and collected throughout the year, but SOCKS was apparently elected to do the calendar at the last minute. We ended up with a cookie cutter calendar which did not embody the spirit of any car, on cheap paper even. I would suggest that we elect a person to do the work early this year, like now. Someone who knows photoshop and is an active member.

I would volounteer, but I have switched over to linux and am still learning GIMP, photoshop is not an option.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Last year I attempted to make the calendars as affordable as possible, given the condition the economy was in and the stock market plummet in November/December. $13.52 I believe was the cost, including shipping to me and then to the end customer. I fronted the ~$700 to get 100 printed to ensure we had enough. I did not have the ability to find out the weight of the paper being used and the quality that we would get.

We have threads showing what people want, and that they're willing to pay more for better quality. We have the pictures done, and they've been done for SEVERAL weeks. We just have nobody willing to front the money and find a suitable place to print. I already said I will take care of shipping them out if nobody else wants to, but next Wednesday starts my 60 hour weeks at work and it'll be a major PITA. I'll still get it done though.

All we need is a place to order from, in good quality and heavy paper. We can buy bulk and stagger pricing if we need to (like last year), though it'd be great if we could have them in an individual order that ships to the customer's door.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

kinkos. Just go to kinos. Start a thread to collect money onto your paypal account. Walk in kinkos and say you want one of these pictures per month on the calendar. while you're waiting for them to print them out, go to the computer next to the desk and print out the shipping labels from kinkos. Then pay with your paypal card, or transfer the funds 2 days prior to your bank. Then anyone after the end date can pay extra to make up for you fronting money.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 AM

great news guys here is the qoute

Color Calendars, 8.5 x 11 White 80# RI Chorus Gloss/Silk Cover (90), 15 sheets, digital
color print 2 up on 2 sides
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Qty: 40 = 387.80 Qty: 50 = 448.27 Qty: 60 = 505.52</span>
+ 75.00 Typeset (Quark Xpress) - Set up Calendars

so that means
40 = 11.57
50 = 10.47
60 = 9.68

and this includes heavier stock on the front and back covers (similar to the 09'). and for the record i dont like getting my ass handed to me by going to kinkos or staples. those are retail printers, if you want a pro job you gotta get to the pros and go commercial printing