Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Blogs disappear?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Blogs disappear?

I'm not sure if it's the length, or if it's number of edits, or what... For some reason after publishing a blog and then editing it, all text will disappear. I don't understand it, but I would like to modify my santapede blog to include this link and text at the end on this page https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...etition-entry/ .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxvVfN7Gbg

I disassembled the motor mechanism more then 10 times to get things just right. It took around-about 40 hours to figure out the perfect configuration and get the bends just right. Also, about 30 hours to write the software which drives Santa. It was a learning experience since I am not a web designer. Even with the difficulties, it was a fun project.

However, when I click publish now, or preview, it disappears. I don't understand.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Definitely not the length. I think it has to do with the number of edits. Not sure. I dont see any settings that have to do with it, but I'll keep an eye on it. Let me know if you continue to have the problems. I went in and edited your blog for you to include the new info.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 AM
DTN

This is an ongoing issue. It has happened several times. I usually end up deleting the entry and starting anew. This time, however, I've linked the page a couple of places on the Hackaday website and rather then invalidate the link, I chose to bring up the issue. It is a big problem.e
Old 07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
DTN

Has this problem been fixed yet? Im apprehensive to post on a blog which I cant edit. I havnt posted an entry in the last 6 months because of that.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

So I've been looking into this issue, and I cant replicate it. I was able to edit every single one of my blogs with no problems. They dont disappear or anything. There are not Blog settings that disallow number of edits or anything near that would cause this problem. Do me a favor...create a test entry, and then make multiple edits using different browsers. If I can pinpoint it to what may be causing the problem, then a fix can be created. But since I'm unable to replicate it...there isnt much I can do unfortunately.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 AM
DTN

Alright. I will treat it as a old issue with a previous version of my browser.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I made several edits to my blogs during my contest, as I tried to maximize the search engine presence. Even 90 days later, after 10+ edits I've not seen any disappear.