Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

RD as a daily driver at this point?

Old 12-21-2018, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tiburon potentially

Ok thanks. Is it a worthy mod at this point in your opinion? For a road car. Daily driver.

By the way, I'm having a hard time finding wheels for the RD cars. Not a lot of options with that bolt pattern and I don't want to run adapters. I was looking for 17" or at least 16", 5 spoke. Haven't seen anything I like yet.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe

I own a 1997 RD1 it's my first car and I bought it in good condition mind you the paint needed a touch up.
The car had 156000 kilometres when I got it second hand from an old dude who wasn't driving it anymore, I had do do a full service and everything else little by little, from brake discs/calipers suspension arms bushings and more mechanical stuff, so far it cost me about as much as I bought it but I don't complain, it's a fun car to drive easy and quiet for commuting is a looker and the power is there to have some spirited driving on extra urban locations, it's fuel economy is dictated buy your foot and the maintenance cost are low because of the cheap parts, overall it's a great car with nice looks good performance for what you pay and no headaches for electrical stuff the main thing about the RD and RD2 is the condition the car is in, mine has not even a spec of rust and the underside is clean and nothing leaks, I would advise you to get one In as best a condition as possible without paying too much for it and enjoy 🤘