For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!
View Poll Results: Would you purchase this keychain?
Definitely.
56.10%
Probably.
24.39%
Yes with a different design.
14.63%
No thanks.
4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Pfs - Rdtiburon Keychains

Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have access to just about any promotional item that you guys could think of, and I saw this while flipping through my catalogs.

Would people be interested in buying these if they were available? A completely ball-park figure would be around $5 - $7 each (unless we can get 150 pre-orders... which is unlikely, but the price would go down.)

Details are as follows:
Color: Satin Silver
Size: 1 3/4" dia.
Laser Engraved Design
Packaging: Two-Piece Gift Box with Flocked Insert

For a few dollars more, we could even have a personalized name Laser Etched on the flip-side.

I'm uncertain about how this could go down, be it a group-buy, or payment up front and offering them on the site to buy whenever... but that would make the personalization nearly impossible. Anyway, let me know what you think. And I need to find out if there will be any issue using the Hyundai logo too...

One more thing... I've seen a few different steering wheel keychains, and this seems the most secure. This one uses a mechanism like a carabiner, and seems very secure. All of the other ones have a springy twisty mechanism. The twisty ones suck (I have a Hyundai one from eBay), and keys can fall off of them easily.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

i think running a group buy type thing would work pretty good. that way you could order like 20 at a time instead of 1-2 every week, and probably save on shipping.

there would be an issue with using the hyundai logo. when i was doing design work for hyundaituners, i used the H logo for the wiki page, and i emailed Hyundai, and i talked via Email back and forth, and they finally said that the Hyundai logo CAN'T be used on anywhere but their site legally.

i think the personalization would be cool,, but would be alot easier for you if we just kept it simple, and had just the rdtiburon.com on the front.

and, i am interested in one for sure..
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'd be in for one
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Pretty good idea phorq. I think they look good but I do think Hyundai would have a problem with the logo on there.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 PM

I would take one, if i could get my name on it.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Feb 7 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i think running a group buy type thing would work pretty good. that way you could order like 20 at a time instead of 1-2 every week, and probably save on shipping.

there would be an issue with using the hyundai logo. when i was doing design work for hyundaituners, i used the H logo for the wiki page, and i emailed Hyundai, and i talked via Email back and forth, and they finally said that the Hyundai logo CAN'T be used on anywhere but their site legally.

i think the personalization would be cool,, but would be alot easier for you if we just kept it simple, and had just the rdtiburon.com on the front.

and, i am interested in one for sure..</div>

Yeah, I figured as much about the copyright... I'll keep messing around with the logo, but anyone who would like to mess around with it, here is the blank image:

The imprint size is .5" wide x .375" tall (for proportion).

I'd have to make one order, which will have to be (hopefully) 72, but could be as high as 150 in quantity. If I can price them in such a way that the people who pre-order (group buy) pay for the whole order, the remaining ones could be held and sold on this site for pure profit going to the site. Hopefully that made sense.

It all depends on the response to this thread really.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

i will mess around with some ideas for the front, and have missy mess with it too.

yes, that did make sense.. ill get a few chops done, and upload them, so we can look at em..

the thing about having names on back, it would cost $$, and it would add to some confusion.. i say keep it simple for sure..

these would probably be a great seller if they are sub 10$.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

very practical idea!! i know it would be demanding, but any hopes of a racing momo steering wheel of some sort? i'd be down for one it's a really cool thing for the website.

thanks phorq~
Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm, depending on the actual price, I'd pick up maybe 10 or 15 of them.

BTW, these would be cool for COTM/COTY contests too.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

id be down for a few and would like to get my name on it if possible