For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Magazine Subscription Thread!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I hate doing standard subscriptions to magazines, the few that I get, because you are always paying more than it feels you should. If you are lucky, you can get in on a deal at a car show and get the ones you want for dirt cheap.

You want cheap?

How about SPORT COMPACT CAR for 24 months, for $16?

Or 12 months for $11?

http://store.deltamagazines.com/sport-compact-car.html

There ya go. Hope it helps someone out. SCC is one of the better magazines out there, and usually talks pretty good about Hyundai and Kia.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats a good deal, i might pick up a subscription.

My brother bought be a subscription to Maxim for my birthday a several years back, and a few months before it was set to expire, they offered me a subscription thru 2011 for 50 bucks, it was like 2004 at the time, i did the math in my head real quick, and jumped on it. It was such a good deal, the salesperson must have just really really needed a multi year deal for some bonus or something because thats dirt cheap.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nice, that's dirt cheap. i've liked Automobile more because it focuses on design more than reviewing, but SCC has been ok. reason i haven't ordered anything is because i like tuning/import magazines more, and i don't like seeing the same cruddy cpmparing RX8 to 350Z's over and over, and over again. They only have Rally/WRC magazines in europe--a whole ton infact but i don't like newer rallying.

i just to to Borders and look through SCC everytime i can.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I like scc and turbo. But I discontinued my subs to them. I didn't really look forward to reading them. I just started reading grassroots motorsports. It owns the other mags! Totally different magazine though. I do miss reading about scc and turbo's project cars. and grassroots talks about bmw too much.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That's my problem with Car and Driver, which I get (free sub), they love their bimmers a little too much.