For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Guess Who? (alpine Development Turbo + Bbtb)

Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So yea... long time no talk guys. Sorry I just fell off the map on ya, college + girlfriend + a bunch of shit going on, but I'm back around. Tiburon has been basically converted to stock for the time being, and will probably stay that way... I am eyeing that new Genesis (?) with the 6 speed LSD and such someday though.

As the Tiburon has been converted to retirement as it nears 100k, some parts that I still have lying around have to be shipped out. Just throwing this out here now, I can grab some more pictures.

First up is that I'd like to sell a chunk of the Alpine setup. I'm looking to sell the turbo manifold complete with the TD04 13G and downpipe. Its internally set to 8psi, and its a great little turbo... I have some old vids of how the car ran with it on here somewhere. It probably saw 3k miles, no play in the shaft, still in great shape. Fitment was tight with stock fans, but it fit... if you have slimmer aftermarket fans (or convert to two A/C smaller fans [which cools fine in 100 degree heat here]) you'd definitely have no issues.

The turbo itself sees $450 new/rebuilt on Ebay it seems. As a comparison, it came stock on WRX in the early 2000s, and is a common upgrade for Mitsu 3000GT/Stealth twin-turbo systems. The manifold is fairly standard cast iron and nothing fancy, but its solid, the welds are solid, and it won't crack. It'll last as long as your car does I'm sure. The downpipe is 2.0" I believe (small but works well) and has good fitment. Its heat wrapped at the moment.

I'd be looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 + ship for it all.

On a side note, you can buy the old 5th injector/Unichip setup from me that is setup to work with this turbo setup. However, you'd have to buy a new wiring harness for it, as mine isn't really salvageable. When I called Alpine the quoted me at $150 for a new wiring harness. I'd sell the Unichip + 5th injector with elbow for $150 along with the manifold setup (or separate if you for some reason wanted it, to get it retuned or whatever). Its a regularly $800 or so new so its a pretty good deal if you have a Unichip dealer near you.

Sidenote, since I spoke to Alpine apparently they got bought out by some other company right after I bought the kit. They were pretty nice people, probably an improvement customer-service wise. Old news to you guys most likely.

-----
Also have a 65mm Tigerlilly BBTB... no cruise. Out of stock on KSpec... paid $399 I believe. I don't know if there are any replacements out, or any other viable alternatives to it. $250 + ship seems decent. In good shape as well.
-----
I've made a few sales to people here, everyone had no problems. I'll look around to see if my old Air-ram and Maintec headers and such found happy homes here.

Wall of text done.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Dibs on BBTB, unless of course I get to buy the ATH spoiler thru SOCKS. THAT comes first.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Holy shit...hamhead... I should ban you just for leaving with no notice. nana.gif
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'll forward this on to my brother. He might be interested at that good of a price.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:34 PM

Will do. Sorry for the no notice thang. tongue.gif

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm at my girlfriend's atm, when I come back Saturday I'll take pics of it all.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Good luck with the sale man, good prices there for everything.

The td04 13g is a nice little turbo. great spool time.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:16 PM

^^ I definitely agree. I loved that little turbo.

Sorry guys, just got back from visiting the girlfriend. I'll go by the shop and take some pics tomorrow, or you can research my old install posts and find some installed pics if you wanted to as well.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Let me know how to pay for the BBTB. My 2nd dibs on the Spoiler will be up on the 22nd, if the other guy buys it I'll be grabbing this thing.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 PM

Dibs on the turbo, dp, and manifold.

how much is shipping to 70401 and how can i pay you?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

second dibs on throttlebody...let me know if you feel like shipping to the UK?