For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

GI: Camshaft Shift Knobs

Old 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4
Default GI: Camshaft Shift Knobs

I have been approached by a member if I was still making the camshaft shift knobs but hadnt put much thought into it in a while. I have two cams in my basement that I can work with and am building him one this week.

I would drill and tap each knob so it is a direct fit for the factory thread pitch. I had my knob laser engraved at extra cost and will not supply that however I will clean and polish the cam to a 'new metal' finish. Some can be shorter or longer depending on the section of cam and how it is cut, if there is enough interest I will cut both cams up and post pics of each section for people to choose from.

So price point? Lets say $40 plus shipping or $60 shipped within the lower 48...I give two options because I will have to go get a quote and then come back and tell you, that adds probably 48hrs to it leaving in the mail. $60 to my paypal gets it out the door the day after I see payment. Money is to be sent as a PERSONAL payment TOWARDS BALANCE OWING so that I dont get dinged with fees.

Here are a few pics of the one in my car attached to a TWM shifer.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000/tiburon

That looks really good
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

That looks really uncomfortable.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: Tiburon

wow very unique good work.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: accent

That's awesome/ creative man,is it uncomfortable like you know on the palm when shifting hard. ?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I really like the way it fits into my hand, mind you I have a big sandwich clamp which molds around the teardrop lobes very nicely. They have a nice weight so even with a short shifter there is some assistance...for anyone who cares about comfort lol. I dont rest my hand on top of it when shifting, instead my hand is cradled along the right side, the whole thing is 3" and fits right inside my palm.

I spent all day at the drag strip with no sore palms from shifting, depending on what im feeling I can rotate it ever so slightly.

Here are two other pieces that I am working on this week and im actually considering cutting the neck off mine to look like the smaller of the two in the pic. Will post progress for anyone who cares. First one is done and shipping off Friday.