For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

G4ED Forged Internals

Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost
Default G4ED Forged Internals

Hi all,

Due to my recent medical issue's and an expanding family my accent has to go... So first of all I have for offer are...

Custom made billet 4340 conrods with arp2000 rod bolts (made by PAR)

Custom made CP pistons made to 8.25:1 compression ratio and designed for 35psi boost & 100hp of nitrous (I used those figures whilst getting all the parts in the hopes to be indestructible)

Nitrided crank which also has also been ground

Custom main studs through ARP

Brand new main bearings & Rod bearings

This will be sold as a complete package as it has all been balanced for used with each other. All to suit a G4ED Alpha motor. Brand new in box's (other than crank)

So the money side of things, this package cost me nearly 3500.00AUD alone... I am really hoping I will get 2000.00AUD + Postage

Any enquiries please let me know.

Cheers Ryan
Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Kia Rio5 LX

Just a few questions for you right quick.

Have you sold them?

Same g4ed that is in my 2009 Rio5 correct?

Stock bore on the pistons (76.5)? Rings included?

And cost to ship to Waxahachie TX 75165?

Let me know.

PS know any automatic transmission guys that know how to hold all this power, limited slip etc, and any info on a custom set of cams?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Kia Rio5 LX

I still want them if you've got them. If not, would you mind sending me the specs on the pistons, rods, and crank so I can have my own built here.

I am building a turbo Rio5 here in the states, but I am very limited. I can only do 7 - 8 psi boost because I just can't get forged internals. Though I know all the basics, I'm just not well versed enough to have folks custom make things for me. I just won't get it right, and I'll blow up $7,000 in a couple of days. Not fun.

Let me tell you my quandaries.

I started with a stock G4ED in a 2009 Kia Rio5. Bought the car new, and I love it. This is now our "extra" car, so I get to play with it.

It is an automatic.....

Here are some of my headaches.

I have a massive fuel pump, with crap injectors, tons of head work with great springs, valves, port and polish, but stock cams... 3 Inch unrestricted exhaust, but am currently running a t2 garrett quick spool with a 9 psi internal waste gate actuator on a 1 an 3/4 inch restricted downpipe. Intercooler, Oil Cooler, Fuel Pressure Regulator (only used to restrict my fuel flow) , Electronic Boost Controller (not needed yet), Battery moved to the spare tire well (for under hood cooling purposes).

Pre project Dyno was an amazing 92 Horsepower at the wheel LOL. That torque converter eats the power up. We tested on the same Dyno at about 7~8 PSI with mods and new synthetic transmission fluid and got 156 horsepower at the wheel. I would like to say that I am going to make 8+ horse for every pound of boost, but since I changed everything that makes fire, (induction, exhaust, spark, and fuel delivery...) not realistic. The car is hell of fun to drive though.

Believe it or not, with my current mods and a bit of ECU magic I am street legal, all sensors work and no problems with the automatic transmission yet. I know as HP goes up, I'm going to have to figure something out for that too.

Now I am stuck. Without forged and balancing my boost is about tapped out. Move it up any more and I'm going to crack a piston. When I started this project I had planned on a 20 PSI 8.5/1 compression daily driver with 35 PSI when I needed to...ummmm... pass people. :biggrin:

What I had not counted on was the huge hole in the aftermarket product world for these cars. It is so bad I can't find a good strong coil, ignition, spark system that is not a universal. It is really bothering me. Fuel Injectors? None... Forged? I think yours are the only ones. All the turbo stuff is custom one offs. Exhaust custom universal. Fuel pump universal. Oil cooler universal. Well you build them from scratch. You know. I just put stuff together. None the less, it is a real pain in the

Anyway, if you still have the internals and they are still in good shape I'd like to make an offer on them. If you have sold them would you mind sharing your schematics with me. Wesco and CP both do good work and will do some one offs for me. I had previously contacted them both, but I am just not educated enough to know where each of the rings should be, or their thickness, or where to place the pin, the bore and stroke etc. The crank is pretty strait forward since they just balance ours. No billet crank for us... I am still talking with Comp Cams, and Colt Cams about doing a one off custom grind meant for over sized valves, stronger springs, and a strong turbo. with an 8.5/1 compression clearance is not an issue. I still have my CVVT connected as well. This might change with a custom grind on the cams.

Sorry, I am writing way too much. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I am currently stuck on my project and if you still have the internals, I'd love to make you an offer. If you have already sold them, would you mind sharing your vast knowledge? Any info on forged internals, cams, fuel injectors, and stiffening up my automatic transmission would be just fantastic for me. I look forward to any contact you may give.

Thanks.