For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

FS 2001 Turbocharged Tiburon

Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default FS 2001 Turbocharged Tiburon

Hey guys, long time no post.

Most of you know me or know of me. I was a super moderator at RdTiburon.com for a while and disappeared to focus on school.

I start my Ph.D. program at the University of Miami's medical school next month and bought a new car and still have my bike and unfortunately the Tiburon needs to go. I put so much time, money, and effort into this vehicle and it still runs and drives great. I have realized that the general public wont appreciate this car so I'm giving you guys a chance to gobble it up. Aesthetically this car is about as clean as a 2001 can be and any blemishes aren't worth mentioning.

I drive the car little now although I've been maintaining it well of course.

Here are the details:

2001 Tiburon. 58k miles. Standard transmission. Car alarm. It runs and drives great. A/C is still cold, the car is fast, and gas mileage is still respectable (25+mpg). Fresh oil change (always mobil-1) and new spark plugs, new battery, fresh rear brakes. It has never been in an accident and I was technically the second owner but the first owner only put 5k miles on it. Non-smoker.

The list of modifications is long but I'll try to cover the main stuff. The turbo is set around 5psi but is tuned for 12+psi.

Engine: Precision T3/T4 Turbocharger, Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate, Ram Style equal length turbo manifold with heat wrap, 2.5" lightweight aluminum charge pipes, huge intercooler, Greddy blow off valve, Dual fuel rail with 4 extra injectors controlled by an SMT-6. OBX underdrive pulley, Stage 3 Clutch, Chromoly lightweight flywheel, new transmission.

Exterior: Motegi FF7 lightweight rims, Toyo Proxes 4 tires (with plenty of tread left), Vented carbon fiber hood (extremely light). Drilled slotted rotors, hawk high performance brake pads

Interior: AEM wideband fuel gauge, boost/vacuum gauge, oil pressure gauge, turbotimer, aftermarket CD player.

Im asking $3000, and that you take care of it. I'll be happy to provide any advice/guidance to you guys after the sale to make sure it gets taken care of.

Take it before I start calculating the cost to garage it until I get my ph.d.

I'm in Tampa, FL.

315-450-4079

link for all the pics: http://alex01tib.imgur.com/JC092#gH4gU

gH4gU.jpg

yqV27.jpg

UcKub.jpg
Old 06-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

If I can get a buyer for my XD before this sales or gets garaged... ummm... wow.

Anyone know how much it costs to ship a car from Florida to Texas?

Has it seen a track?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I would drive it. I've driven from SA to florida in one day. Subtract the 4.5hrs from SA to Houston and I would think the rest would be an easy drive.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Never been raced, its always been babied. If you're really serious about only having the XD holding you back, i'd recommend taking out a bridge loan. I had crappy credit 4 years ago and still had banks begging to lend me $2000 to buy a bike, ok not begging but they were willing.

Shipping to texas I would imagine would be the best scenario, I shipped it down to florida from NY for well under a grand and to me it'd be worth the piece of mind. Considering $200+ for a plane ticket, $200 for gas, food, time, etc. you'd be spending about the same amount of money, and putting unnecessary mileage on it.

If you wanted to buy it without flying into florida I could take videos of the car running and driving and such, plus other's can vouch for my credibility. Otherwise I have a spare bedroom if you want to fly in for a night.

give me a call if you want.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

wow. 3000 ?? great price. how many miles does all the turbo pieces have ? or rather, how many miles was the engine turbo'd ?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:36 PM

The car has seen less than 10k turbo'd miles, and the current turbo has seen less than 3. I bought a brand new turbo after Tim's sorry excuse for a turbo crapped out on me. The reason for the low miles is due to me being in florida and owning a motorcycle, my old bike got 70mpg (current r6 gets 50mpg) and I was too broke to drive the car any more often than I had to. It's also the reason for the low boost and babying when I did drive it, I knew if i beat the crap out of it I would most likely be buying more parts more often.

Now I have the money to spend (ph.d. stipend is pretty good) but I wont have the time or parking space. Instead of paying to garage it or keeping it at a friend's house while paying insurance and registration, I figured I would let someone else enjoy it.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

lol i just saw this on craigslist last night-...

did bommello talk to you about it?

i always figured i'd see this car around town-... i also lived in npr and moved to tampa-... still have yet to see it.

where are you in tampa? i'm personally not interested in buying, but i may be able to help out by giving an unbiased opinion of the car.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Id rather not take out a loan when I have no idea if the XD would sell in a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't be so funny about it had my AC system (for the house) not take a crap on me. The entire system had to be replaced damn near, thank you for that EPA...

Ill see what I can do. I was really thinking about doing something dumb with the XD, but... this might be a better idea.

If stuff doesn't work out with me, GLuck with the sale, it seems like a hell of a deal.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Wow, nice car and at a great price!

Good luck with the sale, too bad I'm not closer.

AND WytchDctr, if I was closer to you I could of help you out. I am a licensed HVAC-R mechanic who likes helping people out. You don't want to know what the actual cost of an A/C system is!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you sell this car, you will regret it. If you have family with land, get some preservation equipment (WAY more than just a tarp on the top) and preserve the car properly, then park it. You will not regret having done that. You will regret having sold it, especially selling it at a loss.