For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

FS : 2 12" Apline Type R's + Apline Box

Old 02-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default FS : 2 12" Apline Type R's + Apline Box

I have to let these go, I hate to see them go, I loved them..they hit extremely crisp and hard but school is eating my funds like a pig.
Selling price 350US without shipping. It will be hard to ship these but I will try to work things out and will be 400US shipped no matter the shipping cost. Only thing wrong with them is one speaker has a scratch on the face from a friend who put something in the drunk and I had to slam the break. It doesn't affect performance of them. PS the swords don't come with it tongue.gif

Bumped Backplate <span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Compound Radius Curve Pole Geometry </span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Custom Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Heat Transfer Plate</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Designed and Engineered in the USA</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Dual Progressive Oversized Nomex® Spiders</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Dual Stacked Magnets </span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Dual Voice Coil Design</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Extra Length Extended Pole</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Flared Pole Vent</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
High Strength Brass Voice Coil Bobbin</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Integrated Tinsel Lead Design</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Magnetically Optimized Motor Structure (Pat. Pend.)</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Oversized Parabolic Dustcap</span></span>

Diaphragm Material : Kevlar Reinforced Pulp <span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
Spider Material : Nomex </span></span><ul>[*]<span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Power Handling </span></span>

<span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">[*]Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 1500W </span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Helvetica sans-serif"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">[*]Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 500W[/list]• Frequency Response:
24Hz – 500Hz
• Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
• Custom Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Perimeter Venting and Heat Transfer Plate
• Dual Voice Coil Design
• Mirrored Progressive Nomex ® Spiders with Reinforced Layer Integrated Tinsel Leads
• Compound Radius Curve (CRC) Motor Structure
• Multi-Stage Thermal Management System
• HAMR Surround and Concealed Mount Gasket
• Aluminum Airflow Motor Cover
• Insert Push Terminals with One-sided Layout
• Designed and Engineered in the USA</span></span>
Old 02-06-2005, 06:49 PM

damn..
now my heart is broken </3
I saw the pic, and all I saw was the swords and im like *droolz* those would go good with my collection..
and I read 'they hit extremely crisp and hard' i was like damn alpine makes swords! must get!11!!

..but alas..
anyway, I might be interested..would they fit in the trunk of an 01 smoothly?
Did you upgrade anything when you were using these? As far as wiring, alternator, battery size...?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:54 PM

got a picture of them in the car? damn you whyd you have to tempt me? LOL
Old 02-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

im not interested, but ill put in my $.02. these subs are AWESOME!!!!! they are the older model type-r's (i think just from looking) and the old ones were like 100 times better than the new type-r's (imo). My friend has some of these and its amazing what they can do, they sound comparable to subs that are considered top of the line even though these are way more affordable. someone jump on this, id be all over it buy i already have a system haha
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 PM

They fit in my RD1 very well. It was about 3 fingures on the sides and they they ended right at the end of the the black fabric top hatch ( i don't know what to call it ). It looked real nice.

lol TC ....ill snap a pic of them inside for you.

Alternator is stock. Ill check my battery and let you know what I have it's not a yellow top or anything but it is bigger then stock and for the wiring I used 2 guage.

Each speaker cost me 240US, and the apline box 170. Just to let you guys know retail on them. The apline site has each sub listed at 220 without taxes.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:21 AM

Well I guess I'll take "dibs" or however you say that tongue.gif

I would like to see a pic of them in the car too..

2 guage is bigger than stock right?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Okay here are the pics of them inside the car.
There is a good 4 fingures between each side. I might also add that these subs were never used in the winter so they haven't ever been turned on in low temps.

And yes my trunk is a mess but I haven't had the time to clean the new tib since I just got it 3 weeks ago and its cold
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM

I was talkin to muy cuz today, and he's like 'theres some things you just don't buy used, like a system'
psh what's he know:p
but these DO work..right..? And if it doesn't I can come to your house and steal your car? Better yet, take it, legally, cuz you'll give it to me! laugh.gif lolz tongue.gif

Edit: Man your car is dirty! lol jk tongue.gif
How easy would it be to paint the red? The box I mean. I have a blue tib, red would be ugly..lol
Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 PM

These subs were never pushed to the max because Im not the type to force others to listen to my music I had them for show purposes. These work fantastic I wouldn't ever sell a product I wouldn't buy.

The box can be repainted by taking out each sub, then sanding the surface smooth, and repainted, glossed if preffered and you're all set.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Erm..I guess..
Only thing is im kinda running low on cash, and I was wanting to get a turbo, and that CF hood GB is coming up..hrm..
Would you settle for 50$ shipped? LOL joke
I guess I'll are teh take em..
How many watts do I want my sub to have? 1000? Er..produce I guess is the correct term..