For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

Considering Selling The Tib What Ya Think?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^

whatever he says dude

Think about it, you'll never be allowed here anymore...

Well ok that would be like a goodthing but anywayz lol.gif
Old 04-22-2005, 12:24 AM

9500 is 1500 more than I paid for my car with 49,000 miles on it. I would say you are lucky to get 5k.

What changed your mind about having a tib?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hrmm, I thought you were selling your turbo stuff to Save money?

Personally, I agree with most people. I love the fact that there aren't a lot of tibs around. There are a lot of WRX's out there. I also love the community of tib owners here. Where else could you get people Donating money so someone can make it to an event?

Besides, If you sell the tib, then I guess the next mid-east meet will be me and Mad-machine in December at a Denny's. You wouldn't want to miss that, would you? tongue.gif
Old 04-22-2005, 04:33 AM

I was joking about the WRX tongue.gif . Yeah it is all about the money. Not saying I couldnt afford the tib it is just going to be difficult. Thanks for the thoughts guys. Also it would be with the Mods. Parting it out would be a pain since I dont have most of the stock parts anymore.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yeah, thats where it sucks. If you sell your car modded, you eliminate a large amount of the market. Anyone not interested in tuning the car and most people interested in tuning the car wouldn't want to buy it. And even if they did, they wouldn't pay the price for the mods that you can resell them for here.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:58 AM

Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. So I guess the chance of selling it for that are pretty slim it seems. Well thanks for the input. Not quite the answers I wanted but atleast I know.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:20 AM

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that the mods actually lower the value of the vehice. As a used car dealer, they are going to have more difficulty selling it because they are going to have to find a person that wants a vehicle someone else has already made custom for themselves.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

return the car to stock performance-wise and get as much as you can from that, then sell the car for around $3k
i doubt you'll make $9500.

as for WRX's, they're not a sports car--it's a 4 door. imo, it's hard to make 4 doors look good as sports cars..just my theory, probably why all sports cars are 2 doors tongue.gif
Old 04-22-2005, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Apr 22 2005, 04:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you're going to spend $25,000 on a WRX, just Turbocharge your Tiburon for $3,500 and you're just as fast as a WRX.</div>
Yeah, but then you will still have car what took $3500+ to make just as fast as a STOCK car....

I say do it. You guys think the WRX is ugly but i think its pure f***ing sex. Everything on it beutiful....you could stick there engine on a brick wall and it could beat a stock tib..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raehtz10 @ Apr 22 2005, 01:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that the mods actually lower the value of the vehice. As a used car dealer, they are going to have more difficulty selling it because they are going to have to find a person that wants a vehicle someone else has already made custom for themselves.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
I personally dont believe that, around here, used car dealerships look for modded cars to sell too kids... And around here you see them come and go from lots in a matter of days! When I bought my tib, I traded in my old car, with mods...gone from dealer in 48 hours..
Old 04-22-2005, 10:59 AM

You're not going to be able to pay off what you owe by selling the car very easily. Why don't you just finish paying off the car and then sell it. You won't loose any money that way.