For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

AEM CAI starting at $20

Old 12-21-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JET-HOT Coating Discount!

wow... sorry man but you need to do some homework... talk to majik about his AEM cold air intake on his Automatic Tiburon. seemed to work on his. i dont mean to raz on ya but you need to research stuff out before you buy it. this is why we are here. This forum is designed to help other tiburon owners out when it comes to making decisions regarding their cars. before you buy.... come here and talk to us. we will save you LOTS of money in the long run... guaranteed.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: The Blue Dragon ***UPDATED 12/21 w/ More New Pics***

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>naw, if my Tib wasent auto, id be able to fit the kit under my engine near the ground also, but all the automatic stuff kept me from doing that, but the kit had pipes bent and long enough to reach the bottomand some</div>

wtf? I had one on my old tib, and that was an auto. Its so easy to install, you just gotta remove old the old airbox pieces, thats all.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: FS- Found Double gauge pod pillar for $25

mines a 2000, idk, i seriusly cant find a single spot where the pipe would fit, ANYWHERE, its a 3" pipe. but tnx for your freindliness cdogtibby1, and the rest of ya
Old 12-21-2004, 09:45 PM

Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

I don't think an Autotragic or a manual transmision have anything to do with the AEM. Maby some other designs, but the AEM doesn't come close to my tranny and I don't see how an automatic would change things.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: KRD exhaust sounds good.

theres alotta wierd extra crap in the auto's then in the manuals due to the diferances in them theres a huge extra box where the manuals have a big honkin hole
Old 12-21-2004, 09:52 PM

Default Re: what happens when...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres alotta wierd extra crap in the auto's then in the manuals due to the diferances in them theres a huge extra box where the manuals have a big honkin hole</div>

Huge extra box? You are throwing me for a loop on that one.... The AEM intake goes down next to the battery and then through the splash shield. I believe some 1st gens with the evap canister were the only ones who had to do extra modifications to get everything to work correctly.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:46 AM

Default Re: auto tranny

Yeah the was its designed, it fits in there without coming near the transmission. You have to first take out the stock airbox and all related pieces. Then remove the battery and tray. Then cut a piece of the splash gaurd out. Then slide the AEM in and secure it. Then reinstall battery and you're done.

This is and old picture, but still check it out, its an AUTO with and AEM intake. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...806_84_full.jpg

Trust me, plenty of people with automatics have done it. I myself have done it. Until you actually have one in your hands and remove the stock airbox and battery would you be able to see how it fits.
[/url]
Old 12-22-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Paint opinions needed ASAP

I am looking for an AEM CAI for cheaper than $260, does this seem legit or should I be expecting to pay more, hence this is some kind of scam?
Old 12-22-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Timing Chain?

Black, this looks legit.

To the rest of you....cut out the off topic shizzz.

Start a new thread if you want to keep going w/ the AEM vs. knock offs posts.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: AEM CAI starting at $20

Black01Tibby, you can always go to HP.com and get one for about $200. I bought mine for $185 from a friend brand new.