For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

2000 Tiburon For Sale

Old 06-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**please read entire post before asking questions.**
**i've updated this with some more mods and known problems.**

i'm selling my tiburon as is. i don't have the time to mess with it anymore, so i'm cutting my losses. this tib is perfect for a parts car or a project car. you could get it in great running/cosmetic order for probably $1500-2500. the tiburon runs well, though. i drive it every day.

i will be willing to ship at the buyer's expense. you can paypal me the payment, but you will have to include the paypal fees. i will accept cash, personal check (you'll have to wait for it to clear my bank), or money order/cashier's check.

2000 Tiburon w/ package 5 (leather, power sunroof, power windows/locks, premium stereo w/ CD and tape, mudguards, wing)

the color is mystic blue. it's dark blue.

approx. 95,000 miles. i swapped guage clusters, so the odometer registers approx 69,000, but there are about 95,000 on the engine. there are about 60,000 on the clutch, but it grabs like it's new.

Mods:
Auto-to-manual swap
autometer cobalt a/f meter
2-guage pillar pod
pioneer speakers in doors
AOS intake
RSide BBTB (not installed, but included)
SS Autochrome 4-2-1 headers
Carsound Highflow cat
MBRP Catback exhaust
Magnecor Plug wires
KVR slotted front rotors
PBR (Axxis) semi-metallic brake pads on all four corners
O.Z. Racing Superleggera 17x7 rims with 3 Prodigy 7000 205/40/17 and 1 Fuzion 205/40/17 tires.
Stock rims included, tires are bald

Known problems:
wiring issue causing turn signal fuse to blow
wiring issue causing CEL for transmission swap
-i've done the wiring fixes for the transmission swap, they worked for several years. a splice must have come loose.
speedometer works about 80% of the time. loose connection on the sensor/harness plug.
steering wheel on one notch to the right. just needs to be pulled and put back on straight.
airbag light on - might be from steering wheel being on crooked, not sure.
three 2-3mm nicks on hood with visable rust. i put clearcoat on them to help prevent further rust.
tiny bit of rust on underside edge of hood - due to metal strip under hood rusting and migrating the rust.
one of the studs on the rear passenger wheel hub broke off, so the wheel has three studs now.
1st and 3rd gears are notchy about 50% of the time

Things to know:
someone backed into my passenger side and hit where the door meets the unibody. had it repaired. they got 95% of the dent out. if you look for it, you can see it, though it's not too visable. tiny bit of rust on door corner due to this accident that was never repaired properly. i've put clearcoat on this, too, to try to prevent further rust. paint on the rest of the car is in great shape. there are maybe 4-5 other minor nicks in the clear coat.

i've been meticulous about oil changes. mobil 1 every 3,000 miles with a K&N filter (when available).

timing belt was changed at 60,000.

like i said, if you took it to a shop, they paint defects could be easily fixed. the electrical issues could be fixed, too.

$2,000 obo. kelly blue book values this at $4,400 in fair condition, so i've adjusted my asking price i feel accordingly. i live in south florida (port saint lucie/west palm/melbourne). i will drive a reasonable distance to drop the car off. i will be moving to MD on july 3. if you're interested, i need to have this done before i move. email me - jdibart@adelphia.net. i will email pics if requested. pics won't show much as the paint is actually in great condition except for blemishes noted. pictures will not show the blemishes. i'm going to try to put some pics on photobucket per redzman. i'll post a link if it works.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's a hell of a deal.

Java should pick it up.

BTW, maybe I'm blind but i don't see a color listed mang?

Got pics?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

Where you located?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 AM

i'm in port saint lucie. it's between west palm and vero on the east coast. like i said, i'll drive a reasonable distance to drop the car off. i have pics, but nowhere to host them. i will email them if you request. smile.gif redz, i guess it is a hell of a deal, eh? smile.gif i just picked up a 2005 saab 9-3 arc, so i just want to sell the tib for what i feel it's worth. i'm not looking to rip anyone off.

er, forgot to mention, one of the rims has a tiny dent from hitting a pothole. one of them has been repaired because a nail went through the sidewall of the tire and into the rim. it looks like new and matches the rest of them. if this isn't sold within a week, i'm putting it on ebay.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Check your pm.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM

Still no color posted. Please update the first post with at least that, if you cant post pics.

BTW, PhotoBucket is free.

wink1.gif
Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 PM

color is mystic blue...dark blue basically smile.gif

updated first post.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:27 PM

smile.gif
Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

how about a state for location? tongue.gif

you willing to sell the rside TB? first dibs if so.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:52 PM

i'm in south florida! it's in my original post smile.gif also, check my first post for some additions.