For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

1997 Hyundai Tiburon Rev A Built For Boost

Old 04-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Default 1997 Hyundai Tiburon Rev A Built For Boost

The car:
06/96 build date Tiburon "Rev A" FX 2.0L 5spd
Dark plum metallic color, but lots of missing clearcoat
Multitude of door dings, small dents in the "humps" of the hood
The stock front bumper has a very small crack in the corner near the headlamp on one side (can't see it with the hood closed)
No leaks in any of the door, window or sunroof seals, and the sunroof works
All the windows roll up and down, the door locks work
All the lights work except the reverse lights; it has a faulty reverse switch (I have a brand new switch but haven't installed it)
Windshield wipers all work, although the rear wiper needs a new blade
100% clear title, current registration, taxes and insurance in the State of Kentucky
Driven several times weekly to and from my office, or to other random areas on the weekends.
I can't absolutely guarantee it, but if your state has "sniffer" smog inspections, it should pass without issue
If your state goes looking for the catalytic converter, PCV valve, and O2 sensors, it will pass visual inspection
If your state plugs into the OBD2 system in the car for smog testing, you don't want this car

The motor
41mm crank block
Block has been bored .020" over with Ross 9:1 forged pistons and Crower rods
Pistons use custom thicker rings with more radial depth (compression rings are 1.8mm thick, oil ring is 3.00mm thick)
Pistons have 0.05" wall clearance for ~500WHP power handling, but it sounds like a diesel when cold
Block has been decked to 0.015 quench clearance when cold
Head ported by Manny Rodriguez of Saleen
Custom set of ARP studs for both the head and main caps
HVE 58.5mm throttlebody
HVE 4-1 header

The fueling:
750CC peak-and-hold (low-impedance) injectors, freshly returned from RC Engineering pressure cleaning
Aeromotive adjustable FPR (with guage)
Stock fuel rail modified to accept an -8an line between the return end and the FPR
Walbro 255LPH high-pressure unit (replaced it less than three months ago, as the old one died due to gunk in the tank)
New fuel tank (as the stocker killed the old Walbro pump due to nasty gunk in it)
New genuine Hyundai fuel filter

Engine management:
Haltech E6K
3 bar map
Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor and associated Innovate DB (blue) gauge
Compaq Armada M300 P3/600 + 64mb ram for tuning (yes, this will come with the car)
Tuned sufficiently to allow normal driving, starting. Dyno tuned on current build.

Suspension
So far as I know, this is the only 5-lug GK-swapped RD currently in any of the Hyundai forums. Prove me wrong?
2003 GK GT wheels painted black (some of the paint came off when mounting the new tires) and black lugs
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 215/45ZR17 that have less than 200 miles on them
H&R Touring Cup kit (springs + struts) with less than 200 miles
Eibach front and rear sway bars
Adjustable sway bar links
Eibach camber adjustment bolts on all four corners
Aligned at the same time that all the suspension and tires went on (ie, less than 200 miles ago)

Brakes
EBC dimpled and slotted 11" rotors for the GK
Axxis Ultimate Ceramic brake pads
Front calipers from a 2006 GT (Red with the silver "Hyundai" emblazoned on them)
Stainless steel brake lines from one of the groupbuys here in the forum

Turbo Parts:
Precision 6363
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Air/Water Intercooler
Jattus steel flange for manifold

Crap in or on the car
Carbon fiber-looking dash
Eclipse 5342R head unit
Random K&N-lookalike cone intake filter
Got some of those hard-plastic shift cable linkage things
Also have a set of the replacement metal grommets for the shift base too

Parts that come with the car, but are not installed: (you can leave whatever you don't want)
One used stock intake manifolds, one bored out to the proper diameter for the HVE TB
Brand new spare clutch master cylinder with stainless steel hydraulic line (matches the brake lines)
Brand new spare OEM flywheel
Brand new Fidanza adjustable cam gear
Spare used 550cc and stock 245cc injectors
Single 1.8L intake cam
Spare stock dash (double-din radio / shifter section, gauge surround section)
Haltech twin dumb ignitor module (car currently uses an RX7 toggle ignitor for spark)
Haltech idle air control valve (car currently has no idle control except for the throttle screw)

I have another project car coming and do not have time to finish this car. The car has EVERYTHING you will need to turbocharge the car minus a upgraded clutch and flywheel. The car starts,idles, run and drives with no issues.

Asking 3,500 for everything I have into the car including the additional turbo parts, tuning, time to get it running right. I drove this ar back form Louisville, KY to Pittsburgh, PA with no issues. Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Wow, hope someone snatches this up. Great deal. Free bump.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Like the car, should sell pretty quick! But can I buy the spare 550cc injectors off you? PLEASE