For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

*EBAY ALERT* - gk Rear Sway Bar

Old 11-30-2004, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Turbo Parts

Hey Cybershark, you're right, there were posts about noises, but it's not the bars what makes the sounds, it's the bushings. ANY poly bushing makes noises, they tend to squirk, and every aftermarket bar comes with poly bushings. Unless you can get rubber bushings for bigger diameter bars, there's no way to avoid ocassional noises. The cure? Just have special grease for poly bushings (I think it's lithium based grease?) and loosen them everyonce in a while and add grease; also never overtight the brackets, that pushes the greease out and enhances the problem.
I have had the bars for 4 months now, and haven´t have any noise problems to date; I also beleive in colder weathers the poly bushings tend to squirk more.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Gauges Are here!

random never complained of noises...

i never heard noises anytime i was in his car either..
Old 11-30-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Anyone that bought a Jspeed crank pulley from KSpec read

Eibach's are bigger in diameter.
However the rear Whiteline is adjustable, so depending on which of the 3 holes you use, it does get stiffer.

Squeeks happen, both Eibach and Whitelines.
But only when it's cool out. When it's like above +10 Celcius, and below about -10 Celcius, it's fine. But within those temps, it's squeeky at times.

Not bad, and yeah, some lithium grease is your best friend.

My Choice would be Eibach bars. Do a search, I posted up pix measured with a elec. caliper of the front and rear thicknesses.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Brake chirp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021)</div><div class='quotemain'>random never complained of noises...

i never heard noises anytime i was in his car either..</div>

I thought he did..he did have whiteline, right? If not maybe it was someone else...I read this on a post a few years back man... but I do remember a couple of folks stating that it made alot of racket..but this would be due to bushings that hold the bar in place more so than the bar itself...anyways, like I said, I read this a few years back and my memory is not perfect..whose is? Either way, squeeking or not, I'd go with Eibachs.