Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

YAY! I found a drag strip!

Old 02-22-2005, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAY! I found a drag strip!

Douglas Motorsports Park
Yay!!! A drag strip in Wyoming, and it's nearby too! Doesn't look like they have much (if any) in the way of sport compacts, but I'm just happy I found a track. Might be about time to get the old Dart out of mothballs. laugh.gif:
Old 02-22-2005, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

tongue.gif Bring the import, its fun to have the muscle car gurus and truck owners rag on ya. Its better after you rape them in the quarter though, dunno if a Tib can pull that one off. tongue.gif

Odd, seeing how there is a track 30 mins from me, and they are probably building another one literally 10 mins from me. Southern VA is really into drag racing though, I guess Wyoming is only good for... what does Wyoming do anyway? LOL.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

they have the packers.. o no thats wisconson.. hmm lol

now you have a goal, mod the tibby until you can show the muscle guys up hehe... hows the weather in wyoming? get some slips as soon as you can.. i gotta hit the track myself, stupid snow...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:53 PM

Most of the racing in Wyoming is dirt track stock cars and such. There's some street legal car racing in Casper, but it's just single car time trail stuff around some cones.

The track doesn't open until later this spring, but I'm looking forward to trying out both my cars. If it's fun enough I might think about actually competing in some Stock or Super Stock with the Dart. I don't think they do any NHRA Sport Compact races, though. But I'll know more later.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Since your Tib is an auto, try and take it to some bracket racing, the Tib could probably run some pretty consistent times and earn you some dough.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:29 PM

Now see if they have a test-n-Tune night. Ours runs test-n-tune every Wed. and Fri nights from 6pm-11pm. They'll let anyone run, just as long as you pay the $8 running fee. We are going on our 3rd year of Import class races; it took us forever to get sponsors and talk the track owners int o running one. The turn out for the import races is still slim though.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:24 PM

If you REALLY REALLY want to compete in the NHRA Sport Compact class you can drive down to Denver, but thats a bit ridiculous for some racing unless you are really into it.

Anyhoo, yeah the Denver track is Bandimere, actually in a town called Red Rocks and is about 30 minutes away from my house, probably ehhh 10 minutes out from Denver. But theres a circuit track called Second Creek about 15 minutes away from me. Havent raced at either yet, but Ill have to sometime soon.