Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

What do you think of the new F1 cars

Old 05-14-2014, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default What do you think of the new F1 cars

The new hybrid fomular1 turbo engine puts out more power with half the fuel.

Fans have actually been moaning that the engines are quite and they want them louder, do you think the fans are justified or are they just being fussy.

Apparently Mercedes have built a device simply to amplify the sound of the engine, which I think is craziness, is there really any point, other teams are in uproar saying that this device could be providing Mercedes with a performance boost I think that's likely as spending time and money on building a device soley to make the car louder is silly.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If it doesn't make the car faster, they won't put it on the car.

Formula cars are stooooopid loud. Quieter is fine with me.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The new engines are phenomenal!! It's about damn time someone figured out an efficient way to to add battery operated ALS. Seen a few in the past, but they always sucked more power than worth.

Sound has nothing to do with it, quit whining. Besides, turbos are natural silencers.

Speaking of which has anyone looked at the design of the turbine housing on these? Two symmetrically offset inputs, that's a damn good idea!

I'm also a fan of the new ruling around how KERS power can be implemented. It puts a lot more power in the drivers control and could potentially change outcomes drastically.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

dat plank tho.

http://www.model-space.com/media/104...nk_500x375.jpg
Old 06-28-2014, 02:40 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

So admittedly I'v finally started watching the races..... UMMMmmmmmmm MERCEDES?!

HOLY CRAP!!!

For those that know what I'm talking about, how do you think this will affect the future of turbo charging on road cars? I'm not just talking about the KERS anti-lag and hybrid charging device, that is pretty damn cool itself. I'm talking about Mercedes front/back turbo. Reduced piping, no heat soak from the turbine housing, both resulting in cleaner, cooler, denser air and more effective intercooling. Not only that, but also resulting in smaller porting, tighter body package, closer gearbox for better weight distribution/center of gravity... I mean, this is insane! My only fear is that if that propshaft ever goes sour it's going to take a LOT of expensive equipment, body work and possibly human driver with it. Scary stuff.

For those that don't know or aren't paying attention:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuBB2F6IutQ[/media]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nary-f1-engine