Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Should Stock classes be allowed to use R-Comps or should the '140 Rule' be put in place.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Tib
Default Should Stock classes be allowed to use R-Comps or should the '140 Rule' be put in place.

Interesting topic on sccaforums.com

http://sccaforums.com/forums/404101/ShowThread.aspx
Old 03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I don't like any rule that uses a treadwear number since there's no standardized scale. A 140 Toyo might not be the same stickiness as a 140 Nitto. I'd like to see a rule that uses a tread durometer scale, or one that lists specific brands and models of tire that are excluded. Of course, the list of excluded tires would have to be updated every year.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't see any problem with it as it is unless you also change the rule allowing any shock/strut to be run in Stock classes. Might as well let the people running $10k worth of racing shocks/struts in a stock class have slicks as well.

If you want to run a Stock class car without slicks, run in Street Tire with a stock index. With the right car you'll be very competitive.