Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Need Some Advice (tib Vs Z24)

Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will gladly beat him untill he gets tired of it lol. Hes going to be a mechanic so he thinks hes so smart hes been in school for a month lol. He tells me his cavalier is soo fast it scares him to put the pedal to the floor. I think hell respect the tib though thats just my thought.
haha.gif

For you guys running low 15's high 14's any advice to get a better launch.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM

The launch is dependent on what tires your running, how heavy your car is, and how much whp your putting down. If you have great tires, maybe wider than stock, you could probably rev up to 3000 rpm and drop the clutch and gas into it. Like it was said before, practice first to figure it out on your own. You want to have just enough rpm/gas without spinning your tires on the launch. Watch my videos I posted earlier under the dragrace topic, My tires "squeak" but not SCREEEAMMM. A lighter car with nice tires can launch at a higher rpm that a car that has just nice tires. A car that puts out alot of power on the overall power band can be launched at a lower rpm. get it? You jsut need to figure it out for yourself, thats all. You'll love it by the way laugh.gif
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 5spd

Being as close of a race as it is between the two slowmobiles we're talking about, a STS and a little skill is probably all you would need to win. The rest of the mods are just damn fun. cool.gif

Really, just get some practice in on your launches, do the weight reduction, and by the time it all goes down you'll come out on top.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man i live in the Columbus area, Nitrous dose not take 8 hours or 9 days to install. However it maybe read on the
box that it will take 8 hours, this is far from true. took me about 2-3 hours and i made sure everything was how i wanted it.
that included installing a msd aswell.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

^^ I think when DTN said that he had a more custom set-up. He did things his way. Just hooking it up so it works fine and stuff can be done much shorter like you say.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

its still a freaking cavalier
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iheartmyRD @ Apr 17 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey man i live in the Columbus area, Nitrous dose not take 8 hours or 9 days to install. However it maybe read on the
box that it will take 8 hours, this is far from true. took me about 2-3 hours and i made sure everything was how i wanted it.
that included installing a msd aswell.</div>

I doubt you could properly install it, and insure proper safety in 2-3 hours. It takes at least 2-3 hours to make sure the bottle is properly mounted to the body of the car without impeding operation of anything else. If you went through the cardboard spare tire cover, used only 6 zip ties, left wires hanging out, and just hooked up directly to the battery without using an on/off relay I could see that taking 2-3 hours.