Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

My Tib Against An S4

Old 01-19-2007, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what its worth, there are a few rides like that at my school too. Mommy and Daddy bought the car for junior for neglecting them throughout thier childhood......and they dont know how to drive what they have. Sure, it may make 400 horse, but its a 4000 pound car. He'll take you off the launch with the AWD most likely, but your weight and lack of AWD should let you hang, assuming you dont granny shift like me smile.gif Good luck, and make us proud
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

you should hit me up when your gonna race, and i should come across the lake and race with you. our tibs look almost the same, and we would both be able to beat him.. now wouldnt that be friggin hilarious.. get beaten by two blue same yr tibs in a day.. and both our cars , modded, cost about what his car did or less.. lmao.gif owned.gif
Old 01-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Jan 19 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^

What does that have to do with a drag? smile.gif</div>

I was hoping that he beats him in the drag.......... i.e smacking him.

--------------------------------------------

Hopefully someone takes a video of this race. Can't wait to see the result.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:54 PM

Heck, I'll fire up my Tibby for moral support smile.gif

Let me know ahead of time and I'll come out too, just dont count on me to actually race lol. My stick skills leave much to be desired...I didnt have to try too hard in the Supra that thing was a torque monster

I did some research, if its a pre 2003, its only got a 250 horse V6, so you should definitely stand a chance. If its newer than 03 its got a 450 horse V8 but according to msn the v8 is naturally aspriated
Old 01-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: car

I think you have a damn good chance at him if you tune your car right and get a good launch.. He may be TT, but hes a luxury car. all those seat heaters and that wood trim slow him down tongue.gif

What is a stock Quarter Mile time for a stick tib anyways?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I ran 16.2 or 16.1 stock, something like that, broke into the 15s with an intake.

I looked the car up... the Audi biturbo S4 is a V6, 1997-2002. You nubs don't even get facts straight. The turbos that they upgrade too are the B5 RS4 turbos, which are slightly larger. That car with those turbines was never available in the US. The newer ones with V8s are N/A.

Stock 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, which makes it not much faster than a Tib in the quarter as said (mid 14s probably stock). With the larger turbines, I'd expect your up against a high 13s car.

Since I'm in a college mood with writing papers, my Works Cited: laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_S4
Old 01-19-2007, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol works cited. i like it and good find on that info. i searched all over last night and came up with just about nothing. video will be taken for sure. now to get the car all tuned and track ready
Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 AM

If by track, you mean a 1/4 mile strip, then you'll probably beat him, assuming you're running that turbo at more than 8 psi or so. If by track you mean an actual track with actual turns, then he has no chance whatsoever. Basically, the S4 takes about 15k worth of work to be decent in anything except showing off how rich you are. Now, after that work....well, one of my best friends dad had an s4 that made close to 800hp, and would routinely destroy anything put up against it.

But really, it's a 4000lb luxury cruiser, it doesn't really stand a chance unless you mess up real bad.

Last but not least, you don't race the car, you race the driver.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:41 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

awd...if he is skilled operater then your in trouble. if not you should have nothing to worry about

a audi is very heavy thick steel. now if you want to do this the right way screw that drag crap

take it to the mountion. i bet you he will spin out on the first hairpin..

if he had what he said he has i just called audi here is that hoe rich that a 23,000 USD up grade here taxes and all

happy hunting
Old 01-20-2007, 05:17 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Guys, are you for real?!

The S4 is one of the best handling cars out there! assuming it's not driven by an ass, as it usually happens...
It is as good as an m3, if not better. all that plus a luxurious interior.