Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

My Autox Practice

Old 10-09-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of friends of mine an I rented a small airport to practice this last saturday...
It was 2 hours of practice and we did change cars at one point to experiment the different feelings from the different cars we drive; my Tib was not the fastest car there (speaking about the FWD, there were a couple Imprezas and one of them with 500HP) but general impression of the ones who drove it is it is a lot of fun to drive.
Enjoy.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

BTW; I lost one wheel cap before getting there, and my rims are completly rare here, so I will take out all 4 of them and leave it as is.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

how much did it cost to rent it out?

looks like you had fun!

What were you talking about when you said "speaking about the FWD, there were a couple Imprezas and one of them with 500HP"
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Awesome!!! Looks like soo much fun!

You guys must have all been lazy and didn't want to fix the fallen cones or something, lol lmao.gif . They are all over the place.

The tib sounds mean, I have always wanted to get mine on video like that.

What kind/size tires are you running?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i believe the cones that are tipped over are used to show which side of the cone you are supposed to be one
Old 10-10-2006, 09:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Oct 9 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how much did it cost to rent it out?

looks like you had fun!

What were you talking about when you said "speaking about the FWD, there were a couple Imprezas and one of them with 500HP"</div>
We were 20 people, actually one of my friend's father is president of the Subaru Impreza Club, and they are the ones who organize this events (the AutoX championship) and some times they do these other events that they call AutoX school, no points, no championship, just fun and practice.
There were other cars, and one of them was a tuned Impreza with 500HP; most other touched up Imprezas are just a tad over 280HP; and of course there are a lot of std Imprezas, but in this practice day, there were only a few Imprezas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tdonnell @ Oct 9 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Awesome!!! Looks like soo much fun!
You guys must have all been lazy and didn't want to fix the fallen cones or something, lol lmao.gif . They are all over the place.</div>
vvv There's your answer. smile.gif When a cone is liying down, the narrow part signals where you have to pass by; the base of the cone is where you are NOT supossed to go by.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Oct 9 2006, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i believe the cones that are tipped over are used to show which side of the cone you are supposed to be one</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tdonnell @ Oct 9 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The tib sounds mean, I have always wanted to get mine on video like that.
What kind/size tires are you running?</div>
We did have tons of fun, TONS. Really, it was like 2 hours of passing by and then again; and most of us were friends (well we were like 20 people, and my group of close friends were like 7; some of the others I know also).
Mi tires are Kuhmo Ecsta MX (the MX's are nothing like the 711 or 712; really sporty) in 205/50 15"

Here are some vids of my friends, enjoy:
std Impreza video

My friend's VTi video

The 500 HP in car video
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

So you are saying the MX's are better?

Thanks for the additional info about the cones, now when someone brings that up about auto xing, I won't make an ass of myself like I did here. lmao.gif
Old 10-10-2006, 06:33 PM

^^^ Yup, the MXs are way better than the 711s and 712s, they have a sticky compound, yet with an acceptable treadwear of 220; but in my experience are stickier than any other 220 tire I have tried before. I haven't tried the BF Goodrige K-something (don't remember right now) but I think those are much more expensive.
back on topic... I forgot to tell you, it was $20 each to rent the airport strip, since we were actually 22 of us, it's $440 for 3 hours; it's not that expensive is it?
Don't worry about your liying cones... happens to anyone, yet it's better if it doesn't happen during the AutoX!
lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif