Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

left foot braking

Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default left foot braking

I have long felt I need to develop the ability to use left foot braking while autocrossing. I think with my car it would be beneficial. So, I have been practicing. I really like the added control it gives to trail braking, I can also modulate the wheel spin coming out of the corner better with the brake, and loading up the drive train prior to releasing the brake may give me a bit.

I suspect I won't be able to take advantage of it on an autocross course with stock seats and belts as I probably need to use my left foot planted on the dead pedal and my leg pressed against the door to keep me from getting thrown around in the car and therefore loosing steering precision.

Anyone have any autocross experience with left foot braking with stock seats?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I guess it could be helpful in a tight autocross situation, but you're not getting free grip or anything. If you master trail braking you'll be just as fast.