Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

FWD Handling Setup Tips

Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default FWD Handling Setup Tips

For those of you that are trying to get into auto racing the first thing that people learn really quick is setup. Setup mainly deals with handling/suspension/alignment settings to eek out the most performance.

I have always been a fan of learning your stock vehicle inside and out before doing any type of modifications. Once you know your vehicle well, then you examine what aspects of your car needs to be improved upon based on your driving style.

Has anyone here gone auto racing with a stock suspension to see how their car does and then installed different things to see how it improved the car?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

where is Floyd when ya need him?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Haha, my ears were burning apparently.

I've autocrossed on several different suspension setups on the LC2 Accent platform. I've made adjustments and improvements here and there and got set up to do my own alignments so I can make the changes myself and save money. Not sure if there's another question here or if that answers it...