Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Do people still street race?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tib
Default Do people still street race?

When Fast & Furious came out, street racing was an every day kind of thing. Over the years you have seen less and less news reports of people getting busted, and less and less forum posts about it or kill stories. Has the street racing scene died out and are people keeping it on the track more or do you all see alot of illegal racing still happening where you live?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I never see it really organized like it was years ago, but I build my engine. If someone wants to challenge me, I'm going to accept (within reason). If people want to act like idiots and want to make it dangerous, I'm out. I'm not going to be driving 90mph on a 35mph road. I'm not going to be weaving around semi trucks or taking the shoulder of the interstate to pass cars.

I see a lot more organized events than I did in the past. Much more local drifting and autocross going on it seems. Glad to see a shift from street to the track.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There is a shift towards going to organized events, but there is still a fair amount of semi-organized street racing and plenty of random stoplight drags. It wouldn't be tough to go out and find someone willing to race at any given time around here. Most of the local people looking for a race have figured out I don't want to play and leave me alone now.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

nooooooo I don't street race.......
Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

To be realistic the ricer stage is going which means more legit cars which go to organized events but always after events there's street racing
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

In the Bay Area its still pop-in! Sometimes its really organized. Any where from 80 to 300 cars. Either sleepers with motor swaps on juice or heavily modified turbo'ed vehiclles. Alot of cars run anywhere from high 13's or high 9 seconds in the 1/4.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

not like it used to be. hardly ever the random go around here. in the summer there is still a meet spot on the weekends and you can find action if you challenge but nothing like it used to be. more folks are going track then anything for competition. most of us just grew up and life took over....