Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Brake pedal feel on a hard corner

Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib
Default Brake pedal feel on a hard corner

Hey guys. I'm not sure this is a problem or just something that I'm not used to. I've noticed that in a long corner the feel of my brake pedal will change. It's hard to explain but it's as if it feels slightly harder to push down and seems to start gripping closer to the top of the pedal. This i wouldn't call hard braking either as It's usually just to slow down for traffic. The fluid is full and the brakes feel fine under normal straight stopping. I'm running Hawk pads and stock rotors. Is this just the normal effect of lateral g-force on the fluid in the reservoir or might there be something wrong with the system?

I figured it'd be best to ask the track experts as they'd have experience with all things braking.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I lost vacuum boost on the GK occasionally during autox events. Are you left foot braking? That made it worse. I would also lose power steering. It was kind of an annoying autox car so I only ran it a few times.

My other thought would be if your ABS is erroneously activating.