Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

2000 Tiburon || 1997 Prelude

Old 04-10-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Motoria Cat Back
Resonator Removal

1997 Honda Prelude (H22)
DC Headers
AEM CAI
Clutch(aftermarket, just dont know the name)

DOHC VTEC OWNS

Well, we got my friend Matt's prelude running again today (had to swap in a new clutch). Anyways, I had my video camera along for the ride.... to bad the damn girl messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! 2 times! That made me sooo mad. Its not that hard, just press the record button......

Race 1
15 MPH Roll, Both get off good and at almost the exact same time. 1st through 2nd front of my car is 3-4 ft infront of his. Then that Hella 3rd gear vtec kicked in tongue.gif and he cought me and now his front was 2-3 ft in front of mine by about 95 MPH. This was one hell of a race, best and closest ive ever had. It was awsome...

Now for the film, there was a girl standing up in his car out of the sunroof filming, but she pressed the REC button twice! (record, then stop) 02.gif

Race 2
We then found a nice mtn. dirt road w/lots of curves (this thing was nice, wasnt really any rocks, just dirt!) We decided to give it a pass or two..... First pass I started behind and had no trouble keeping up...

Second pass, Lets just say I own on dirt roads and I had to wait at the end for a few mins before he finished.

Race 3
Same location as race 1, but about 3 hours later.
15 MPH roll again..... All I have to say is damn. I saw one hell of a display of shifting from Matt. Everyshift was perfect, everytime he shifted he pulled ahead a good 5 extra feet. To top this off my shifts were shit. In the end Prelude > Tiburon by 4 lengths. Girl messed up on video again.

After this, we did a good hour and a half road racing, this was fun as hell, I easlily out handled Matt and his Prelude though. Just like the "rally race" in the desert.

We will try again on footage tomorrow if we can find somone who knows how to work a camera.

In 2 months I will be owning his ass all day long though (turbo progress has started
Old 04-10-2005, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

well, the vtec engine was designed to be less economic and the more leaned towards the performance side.

it's the headers, cold air intake and clutch VS. your almost stock tiburon. the motoria will not work until it gets some help from a CAI BBTB and headers.

Basically, vtec prelude is just as fast as a <u>stock</u> tiburon. i garuntee you add headers, bbtb, and cai, you're just going to OWN him.

neat trys though. you gave it your best. but of course the prelude is going to storm you with what it has right now compared to yours.

looks like yer going turbo though, so cheers to that!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL... the girl added probably 110 pounds of weight to his car too. Unless he likes them fat ones.

An H22 in good condition with a few bolt-ons is going to be able to outrun a full bolt-on Tiburon. You can't imagine how restrictive Hondas are stock.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Oh yes, forgot to mention that, first race he had 3 girls with them(all no more than 115 each) so thats 330+ in his car.

Last race I had 1 of them with me and he beat me by even more.

Yeah, the H22(or any DOHC vtec engine) is far more superior than the beta engine hands down. even If I had the same mods as him and we both had 0 passengers he would still win.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:45 PM

Good stuff man, but I don't think this should be posted here 02.gif
Old 04-11-2005, 05:48 AM

^^ True... still in that "Whats your speed" topic everyone talks about going 120mph which hasn't been locked... tongue.gif

Java will find this eventually. lol.gif
Old 04-12-2005, 04:36 AM

ahh well to be expected in a straight line battle.. VTEC rocks!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

doesnt the h22 have like 190 hp stock?

of course he beat you, especially since he had more mods.

good to know you whooped him in handling though.

but saying that any dohc vtec engine is "superior" to the beta...im not saying your wrong...just dumb. you're like a stupid kid that tries to ride a cat and then cries afterwards when hes all scratched up. why the hell do you always wonder why people yell at you?

yeah, the h22 makes more power. it also has more moving components in the vtech head, which just adds another thing that can break. its also a bigger engine, which (even with VT3C yo) results in lower gas mileage than the beta. not only that, it weighs more. which could be part of the reason why you owned him turning.

and finally, it costs a bazillion dollars more than a tib. seriously, you cant find that generation prelude for under 8 thousand dollars, and even that will have VERY high mileage. give me a brand new stock 01 tib and a brand new stock 98 prelude, and with the money you save, ill make the tib pwn the prelude in EVERYTHING!!!

Everything.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 PM

tongue.gif Hmm... I loved the cat-riding analogy. Not the best analogy, but it made me take a look at your post a little more deeply. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a Prelude vs. Tib topic, but I'll point a few things out.

The gas mileage on Preludes really aren't that differant than a Tib fuel economy wise unless you take it into deh almighty VTec on a constant basis.

Suspension-work, mod for mod, they will outhandle a Beta as well. The Beta comes better prepared for the twisties stock, but the way the suspension is set up is not the best, especially the rear if I remember right when I last looked under the Tib.

The entire dollar for dollar thing really isn't the best comparison... although I will give it to you that the Prelude won't catch up to the Tib dollar for dollar until the mid 300whp range. And remember, its also getting very hard to find low mileage Tibs now as well.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Dude, you shoulda said you hang out with a bunch of ladies! I need to hang around some time wink1.gif