Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Who still reads/collect comics?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Who still reads/collect comics?

I recently rekindled my boy-hood love of comic books.

Was wondering who else has subscriptions and/or online access they check regularly.

How I got back in:

Last summer (funny enough, my birthday) the Fear Itself: Deadpool series was released, written by Christopher Hastings who is the author of the Dr. McNinja web comic. Being a long time fan of Dr. McNinja I went about acquiring the Deadpool series to current and, if I may be honest, found most of those story arcs very hard to put down. i got through all of series 1 and 2 and a good bit of Cable & Deadpool before the comics dropped. Needless to say I have been hooked since.

Current stories I am reading:

Deadpool (series 4)

Uncanny Avengers (dropped yesterday)

Hellrasier

Hellraiser The Road Below

The Thunderbolts (story is good but the art I have to power through )

Batman Death Of the Family

Recommendations:

If you are even slightly interested in batman, go read Death Of the Family... NOW!!! There's a ton of cross overs but it's just amazing. Worth every penny even buying the first prints ($10-25 depending on the comic.)

I'm hoping that Thunderbolt picks up because with Red Hulk, Deadpool, Venom and the Punisher on a team (yes Elektra too, never a big fan of her) there is massiv potential for great times.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

WTF Uncanny Avengers??? I still have all my comics but probably nothing newer then 1993, about 500 comics with 91% Marvel, 7% Image and 2% DC. One of these days I need to get me a comic price guide and go through them. All issues are bagged and probably 75 percent have the support backing. Dam im hella nerdin right now, I want to read me some old ass xmen.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by HotBlue02
WTF Uncanny Avengers???
Yeah, Avengers Vs. X-men lead into a full collab and reboot of most series under the Marvel NOW! nomenclature.

Thus far most have been really good reads and a lot of new and returning tittles for 2013

Also forgot to add to my list the Avengers reboot:

Deadpool and/or Gangnam style all the things