Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Tripod recommendations

Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent
Default Tripod recommendations

Hey guys im in the market for a new tripod. Kind of curious as to what you guys use when you are using a tripod. Just looking to get ideas. trying to stay with in a reasonable price range... whatever that means.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I bought a $50 aluminum one at Walmart and I like it *most times*. I'd suggest getting a more expensive, heavier one for steadier shots. I use mine mostly for long exposure shots and it works great *if* I use my camera remote for the shutter. If I use the button on the camera to release the shutter, the beginning of the exposure is slightly shaky and causes issues sometimes.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Means you need to go easier on the release button? If you already have a tripod, you need to ask yourself what you want from a new one. Sturdier? Lighter? Better adjustments? Better head?

Then google up some "budget tripod" review articles and read them with your desires in mind.