Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon GT
Default The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

How do you think this will be? I think Jimmy's alright, and I don't think it will be much different than what he is currently doing, so I am fine with the change. What are your thoughts?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I watched Jimmy Fallon's first show when he started Late Night. It was horrible. He was so awkward and had no idea what he was doing. Over the years he's gotten much better, is now genuinely funny, and has some decent timing. Some of the bits he does are classic! (invisible sax, hash-tags, thank you notes, Christmas sweater give-away). Looking forward to him hosting the Tonight Show.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

His comedy is too "young" for the Tonight Show audience. I'm guessing he'll last about a season or less before the ratings tank as the show's Baby Boomer audience loses interest. NBC will either replace him, or give up that audience to Letterman and start an advertising blitz to try to bring in young viewers to replace them. Remember what happened when they brought Conan on?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win