Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

So what are your thoughts on Furious 7?

Old 04-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default So what are your thoughts on Furious 7?

I seen it Friday night and loved it. I've been reading comments from people saying it was dumb but they are not realizing that it's just mindless entertainment. Lots of explosions, exotic cars, and action. Anyone who goes to it thinking it's going to be some type documentary is going to it for the wrong reasons. The tribute to Paul at the end was really good and I like how they wrote out his character. After the credits and when people were leaving, I saw a few people with tears in their eyes. It's crazy that Paul Walker has that type of effect on millions of people worldwide. I cant wait to see where they go with the franchise now with Kurt Russel and how the 8th one will be set in New York City.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I liked it but i found it a bit boring and almost fell asleep or maybe i was just tired.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Thought it was excellent. Enjoyed the movie and the send off for Paul was in great taste. I admit. I was one of the few choked up at the end.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Saw it Saturday afternoon and thought they did a great job on it. I saw some people with tears at the end of it too. Say what you will about those movies, but they brought millions of people into the car scene and helped people develop a true love for building cars. Any new movies going forward wont be the same without Paul but it was a proper send off and I'm glad they just didnt kill him. Also, the white Supra at the end during the tribute was his own personal Supra from his collection. That was a nice touch that they added.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 2011 genesis

Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Sorry to say this guys, but the editing in this film made me cringe. I really wanted to like it, but the glaring, simple issues really made it embarrassing. There were 4 distinct moments in the brief Hobbs/Dom hospital scene where one of the EKG leads came undone only to mend itself seconds later. And not in a small way either, that is a film school level mistake! And for that matter, no vehicle ins the 70's had air bags. VFX-wise there were several moments in Abu Dhabi where odd shadows were digitally cast on O'Conner's face, for obvious reasons, but still it was excessive and poorly executed. Hell, there were a few med and MCU shots in general that were obviously rotoscoped from exiting footage, and the one that stood out the worst lacked feathering so it appeared like a 2D model on canvas. I realize the limitations but from a film with this kind of budget please show some respect for the man and the craft. Ant lets not even talk about the BS love story they tried to slap in there Dom and Letty.

I will say that the send-off was very well done. That was far and away the best part of the film, possibly the franchise as a whole. The car was perfectly cast being an Mk4 Supra like the first film, but as an all-white color they (what many may not realize) used color psychology to give you that "ghostly" so to speak, presence. Everything about this shot was symbolic and was the absolute bet way to honor the memory of Paul Walker while still righting him out with respect. Kudos to the team for that.

It's a 5/10 for me over all.

The highs (aside from the send off) largely miss their mark, and the lows can't get much lower. However it as a ton of fun to watch and I will have to own it. I get the feeling that if it were not for the sentimental value, this one would be as far down on the list as number three. Not quite as bad, but it had more technical faults.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Tibbi
I will say that the send-off was very well done. That was far and away the best part of the film, possibly the franchise as a whole. The car was perfectly cast being an Mk4 Supra like the first film, but as an all-white color they (what many may not realize) used color psychology to give you that "ghostly" so to speak, presence. Everything about this shot was symbolic and was the absolute bet way to honor the memory of Paul Walker while still righting him out with respect. Kudos to the team for that.

Haven't seen it, but just thought I'd point out, there was no color psychology... That white Supra was white because it was Paul's car from his personal collection. Almost all of his cars are white.