Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Robert Downey Jr. Abandons AVENGERS 2, Marvel Names Replacement

Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default Robert Downey Jr. Abandons AVENGERS 2, Marvel Names Replacement

WTF, the only superhero that could NEVER be replaced is Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. IS Iron Man, IS Tony Stark, this is just sad

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...lacement/49138

Its time to raise a clenched fist above your head, channel your inner Darth Vader, and scream a very trite NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! into the air

Robert Downey Jr., that glorious thespian whos synonymous with drunken, armored romps on the big screen, has abandoned The Avengers 2 and the role of Tony Stark. While we still havent heard the official word on the matter, I have no doubt this was initiated by money. Weve known for some time that Marvel is tight with their purse, axing Terrence Howard after that actor refused to accept a decrease in salary. Since Downey Jr. already commands such a high paycheck ($50 million for The Avengers after everything was accounted), and he had just reached the end of his initial contract following the completion of Iron Man 3, the old dog may have wanted too much money.

And as if that news wasnt hard enough to bear, the House of Ideas has already leaked the name of their replacement. Again, nothings been 100% confirmed yet (even though I think this Tweet counts as 100% confirmed), as Im sure exec.Kevin Feige and crew are hammering out an extensive contract to ensure another Downey Jr. style fiasco doesnt happen again, but it looks like Mad Mens Jon Hamm will be the new billionaire/playboy/philanthropist.

Pardon me diehard fanboys as I say this choice isnt actually THAT bad, but Hamm doesnt possess the necessary mixture of playful sass and silver fox charm that made Downey such a catch.

Heres the official tweet from Marvel, which only delivers a minimum amount of information, but you may want to see it.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

another april fools joke?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

first terrance howard, now downey jr..Sucks! unless its Aprils fools joke

all the more reason actors are NOT what they ARE as they portray in movies no matter how good they are,
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

it appears to be dated march 31... i sure hope its a joke tho