Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

New Batman v Superman Trailer

Old 07-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibby
Default New Batman v Superman Trailer

Released at Comic-Con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Curious what Wonder Woman's role is in the movie. Looks pretty bad ass though.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Meh.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

This trailer has improved my hopes for this film to the point that I will actual go to theaters to see it.

The teaser was just over-saturated footage on top of over-saturated footage for the sake of over-saturated footage, and the CGI looked like absolute crap. It was clearly DC trying to play a one-upsamnship game with Fox Marvel and Walking Dead for worst (ab)use of color correction and half-assed WB-grade post work. I haven't done a side by side to know if they actually fixed the HLS, but the daylight footage really brought the trailer together. I am actually excited to see where this goes.

Suicide Squad not looking bad either:

https://*******/NHC9

edit: a better version has arrived!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go[/media]

But what happened to Warner's temper tantrum? Maybe the leak was a... gasp... good thing?!

Maybe DC finally got their sh*t together
Old 07-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, Heath Ledger is The Joker. I know I'll be grossly disappointed by anyone else. The whole Batman vs. Superman thing was a bad idea as a comic book (was only done to boost falling sales) and it's still a bad idea. It's official... Hollywood is completely out of ideas.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Heath Ledger was a terrible joker

People only revere him because of heartthrob cred and death absolution. His Joker was "okay" at the very best and not nearly as diabolical or confrontational as the Joker from especially the recent comics. I mean, we're talking about a villain that voluntarily had is face peeled off, without anesthetic I will add. He then disappeared only to return 18 months later, mowing down every single police officer in Gordon's precinct in bloody gory detail, then mentally skull f*cked him and reattached his own face with the stapler from Gordon's desk. But as if that wasn't enough he took the commissioners daughter hostage, cracked Alfred over the head with a hammer then took him hostage, left his calling card for Batman only to use Harley as a hostage emulating his deformation/evolution from leader of the Red Hood Gang to the Joker; only to use that scenario to emulate their first showdown but with the scenario reversed so Batman could not possibly win. He arrived right as the joker gas was being released and dam exploding. ALL of this in one comic of a series spanning all of the batman universe for several volumes. Did I mention that even Harley was scared of the f*cker at this point? Yeah, he scared HER!

THAT is the joker the screen needs.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Heath Ledger was a terrible joker

Of the Jokers that have been portrayed by real people, Heath was the best. I don't read comic books. Not even as a kid. Spent most of my time with Mad Magazine, Air & Space, Smithsonian and car mags.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Like I said in the other post, Margot Robbie will do the Harley role justice. And I think Jared Leto will do Joker justice too. He's a great actor (anyone see Dallas Buyers Club?) so he will fully engulf himself into the role and give movie goers what they want to see.