Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Netflix raising prices

Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Netflix raising prices

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Netfli...81150.html?x=0

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Netflix is raising its prices for the millions of subscribers who use the service to rent DVDs through the mail and watch video over the Internet.

Under rates introduced Tuesday, households that want both DVDs and Internet streaming will have to buy separate plans totaling at least $16 per month. It's effective immediately for new members and Sept. 1 for existing subscribers.

Netflix Inc. had been including both options in a single package that started at $10 per month.

The $8 monthly price for only Internet streaming remains unchanged.

This marks the first time that Netflix hasn't bundled online streaming with its DVD-rental plans since it began sending video over high-speed Internet connections in 2007. Internet streaming provides more immediate gratification, but typically doesn't include the latest releases.

I was thinking about signing up and having it stream through my Wii. I would never rent DVD's, so I guess this doesnt matter to me...but to all of you who rent DVD's and stream...you may not like it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

That sucks. May drop the DVD thing since I have a Redbox across the street from the house.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Those bastards need to simma down nah.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I just do streaming. I never watched the discs.