Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide

Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

Cornell's wife, Vicky, tweeted out a message following the news of Chester's death, saying, "Just when I thought my heart couldn't break any more ... I love you T."

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteora," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

One of my favorite bands. Sucks!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tibster

RIP. Sucks they wont be the same. They'll either never release another album or they will try to replace him and they will have a different sound.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

WTF has the world come to. Everyone has a therapist, is on drugs, yatta yatta. Hundred years ago there was none if this p#ssy stuff.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

A hundred years ago I'm sure plenty of people were still depressed. I'm not sure what the suicide rate was, probably less than today but stress levels were far lower. Depression is a real problem. Stress is a huge fuel for depression.