Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Jersey Shore

Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Jersey Shore

So has anyone watched this show yet on Mtv? OMG... headshake.gif ...its freaking unreal.

Picture this...

- A bunch of jacked up Italian Guido guys on steroids with fake tans
- A bunch of Italian chicks who are nothing but complete trainwrecks and whores
- Put them all in a house together in their natural habitat of New Jersey
- Result: Jersey Shore TV Show

It debuted this past Thursday and its on every week at 10:00. Its literally like a bad car accident. You know you shouldnt watch, but you just cant help yourself. Its really that bad.

Evidently, theres some big Italian group thats beyong pissed over this show because they're saying it portrays Italians in a negative way. Here's the story on TMZ:
http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/04/italian-grou...-was-offensive/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>After last night's debut episode of the reality show, UNICO National -- the "Largest Italian American Service Organization in the USA" -- claims they "can't keep up with the volume of calls" from "outraged" Italian Americans.

TMZ spoke with a rep from the group who told us, "I suffered through all 120 mins of that show and it was worse than I imagined."

The rep added, "Italian Americans are OUTRAGED and they are helping us reach out to sponsors to ask them to stop advertising with MTV until they agree to pull Jersey Shore."

For those unfamiliar with the show -- imagine "The Hills" on steroids, dipped in bronzer, and slathered in hair gel ... only more addicting.</div>

Seriously...if you guys want a really good laugh...watch about 5 minutes of this show. Its funnier than hell and if I ever get the chance to drive through Jersey...I'm sooooo doing it so I can see if people really are like that there. hahaspit.gif

Oh, and this happens in one of the future episodes where one of the girls is talking sh*t to the guys, and he decks her right in the face...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

are there a lot of jägerbombs on the show?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator

haha Yag-ah bahms and skanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

oh my!!! didn't we have this same thing with the Gotti brothers?

those guido looking guys. they get called that for being a certain type in the jersey shore, but they're just regular Italians with funky hair. it's really funny how types of people emerge based on their location. i'm sure they do the same things in italy (bars and picking up chicks) but maybe in a more culturally restricted manner.

this punching the girl thing. ogh! that will make for some good drama.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2002 honda crv

I watched the show also. I can't add much more than has been described here, except that the funniest thing for me is that the skanks who live in the house continuously are calling every girl that is around....a skank. Also, the more repulsive the "guido" is the easier it is for him to hook up with a skank.

They sound rename the show...."Bowling For AIDS"
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

i heard that they are not even from new jersey. they are all from new york.....
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

it's about people moving to the Jersey Shore for the summer. Not about locals.

I saw the first episode or two (2 hours?). Kinda funny... but I'm not a fan of much reality stuff. might catch up on it later, haven't added it to the DVR yet. It does give me motivation - I'm working towards a Ronnie type body

However, I'm really not a fan of the situation.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Never watched it. If it's that much of a train wreck I might try. I really hate most people on reality shows like that, but I'll admit that I'm as likely to tune in and watch people I hate as I am to tune in for something I like.

That guy punching the chick is bs. There's literally NOTHING she could have said to deserve that. I would beat the guy senseless if I ever witnessed that.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

P.S. - I'm diggin' Sammi... kinda... when she gest the makeup on.

I can't stand snickers.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Administrator

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVWRXZWGzzI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVWRXZWGzzI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I read that some of the Mtv staff is getting death threats from Italian groups because of this show. laugh.gif