Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Fast & Furious 6 is this year, #7 is next year

Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Fast & Furious 6 is this year, #7 is next year

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/fast...014-universal/

‘Fast And Furious 7′ Gets July 11, 2014 Release Date

BREAKING: Star Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal‘s The Fast And The Furious 7 will be released July 11, 2014 with the entire cast — including Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Tyrese — set to return. That date is just more than a year after Fast And Furious 6, which opens May 24 and is still in postproduction. The studio is doing its presentation for exhibitors right now and Diesel is part of the group unveiling footage from the upcoming pic. Our Mike Fleming scooped that James Wan is in negotiations to direct the seventh installment of the franchise, which brings back longtime producer Neal H. Moritz of Original Film, and Chris Morgan is returning to write his fifth script and will be an exec producer. Production on the new one starts in August — a fast turnaround that begins right after the stars finish publicity on No. 6.

I'm calling it right now. They will do 10 movies total, and finally quit, so they can do a 10 DVD box bundle! Who wants to bet?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

How many people even know that tF&tF was a remake?

This is getting out of hand. Hollywood needs a car movie that actually does the hobby justice.

That said, now go watch 200mph for epic. lulz

Think these are bad enough but, that was depressing even as a drinking game.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Originally Posted by Tibbi
How many people even know that tF&tF was a remake?

This is getting out of hand. Hollywood needs a car movie that actually does the hobby justice.

That said, now go watch 200mph for epic. lulz

Think these are bad enough but, that was depressing even as a drinking game.

Remake of what? And don't say 1954's "The Fast and The Furious" because all they share is the title, otherwise, nothing in common at all. they paid for the title rights, because, well, it's a great title.

I'm interested because not only have I been a (and I hang my head in shame here) huge fan of the franchise, but also film nerd. And there's not a word online anywhere about tF&tF being a remake.

Heh. 200mph. that's a TERRIBLE DAMN movie. Seriously.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'll see it too lol.

F&F franchise isn't terrible. I consider it the best thing of anything released in the 2000's. I agree fully with you though but I don't think anything can top Fast and Furious 2001, if judging by the cast themselves. Plus, all the cars after 2000 are butt-ugly so if anything ever dares rival F&F, don't expect to see any sexy Supras, F355's, Nissan R34 GTR's, or NSX's in it.

F&F actually has quite an elaborate production behind it with different phrases, meanings, plots...etc. Here are some examples: Fast and Furious facts

Driven and Gone in 60 Seconds were okay. But not about street racing. Definitely not box office hits, although I enjoy them. They're still not as funny or memorable as F&F.

Ron Howard's "RUSH" looks great. It's got Jame's Hunt's character in it! It will probably have Ayrton Senna's character too.

I will DEFINITELY see this.

What a sh*t film. I actually went to that. What a sh*t film. Never see this.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I'm a fan of the older car movies. I remember watching Smokey and The Bandit with my Dad as a kid. The original Gone in 60 seconds is great, as well as Bullitt with Steve McQueen. Can't forget about the Cannonball Run movies either, including Speed Zone which includes the GREATEST car scene in a movie EVER! Anyone ever skip their Hyundai across a pond??

Jump ahead to the 5 minute mark to see the action (or watch the whole thing, it's awesome!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcIhqO6G9Y[/media]
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

All of these car movies are so damned cheesy though. I cringed my way through all of those drive, torque, cannonball and f&f movies. Get an actual decent car chase in ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vACWV5sRcY

Check the positive front camber on the blue grand ville

*edit* If these cars don't make an argument for good dampers, I don't know what will.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

^^^ great chase, but the bad guys got away!? Fail.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

One word. Bullitt. Best car chase EVER. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lbs_nYW3-o
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Fwaaark it's been a while since I saw that one. Dat axle tramp at 2:59.

Speaking of cringe, who wants to drive a mint black charger down the hilly streets of san fran at ~60 mph?