Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Doomsday Preppers

Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Accent GT
Default Doomsday Preppers

Anybody watch this show? These people are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH6UA_Zs3ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUM0TOkNALg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLX-Remh7Aw
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

For those that are wondering, my house doesn't look like that.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

lol at most of those people. First ask anay survivor what the most difficult element is, it is moral, and a will to live. They never heard of cabin fever? And those with gask masks? lol If the enemy is using chemicle agents, it won't be CS and you are going to need a full suit, and all of your bunker will get contaminated unless you have a state of the air ventilation system with enough electricity to power it. That one guy underground IMO would be the closest (though not sure where he is getting his fresh oxygen from nor if he has an exhaust and how easy it is to block either of those to kill them. But they can't really grasp/comprehend end of the world stuff. Nuclear wars or if the economy collapses, nuclear fallout from all the plants not being mantained, regardless there will be a nuclear winter and any catle/[;ants they were expecting would die, and any non-bottled water would would be contaminated. We have about 300mil people in the US, if 75% are wiped out, there will still be 75mil people left. If you were an expert marksmen and had 100% kill per bullet, you will still only be able to kill 5k people and then your screwed (mind you the avg trained soldier use 50k-250 bullets per kill or 1.33 for a sniper). But I would wager if someoone else was attacking your complex, you would go through a good 10-20rounds per person or if they are statistically as good as trained soldiers, they might be good to kill 50 people if they had 1 bil rounds lol. Targets don't shoot back, nor cause stress/adreniline. Not to mention the massvie EMP's that will wipe out all electric components, so you are back to candle's for light. And that is if the world ends in your lifetime, which is so unprobable.... What about all those who survie but aren't prepared? Do you plan on dying after 20 years of miserable living conditions in a bunker? Or do you plan on mating with each other?

I am sure I can't even grasp it, I probably left a ton out, but it is just rediculous. Sure being prepared for a hurricane and having 1-3 weeks of food/water isn't a bad idea, but these people are so dilusion. I feel bad for the kids mostly. Enjoy the life you have and quite wasting your time and money to prepare for something that you can't prepare for and will probably never happen in your lifetime.