Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

Anyone ever been to Amsterdam?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 elantra
Default Anyone ever been to Amsterdam?

I here it's a pretty laxed country where lots of stuff is legal. When you look at the United States is seem like we live in a communist country anymore. Can't do anything!

Anyone ever been there?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I spent the night there. It was interesting. "Customs" were just guys that looked at you sort of crazy like when you walked out of the airport.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I've been there once. It's incredibly laid back and pleasant. People are all helpful and good citizens. Almost everybody walks on foot, rides bike or tram.

When you look at the United States is seem like we live in a communist country anymore.

who's heard of curfews in America? or getting cited by police for "disrupting pedestrian flow"...

This is the map of speed cameras in my state. I'm one of the best most experienced drivers and it scares me to drive.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I want to go to Amsterdam, but it is one of the 3 places my wife says I can't go.

Time to vandalize some speed cameras HKC.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 PM

I'd love to, but that's not the answer. The answer is fighting electronics with electronics. It's getting bad in Europe too but since most people walk it's not really an issue. They also have some plain value for life, nature, and tradition.

I do however have an urge to take an enemy's plate number, photoshop it on glossy paper, rent a car and drive through a bunch of them to cause some old fashioned hassle

Imagine if lots of people did that! The courts, the companies, the police wouldn't know what to do with themselves.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I have vowed civil disobedience if the speed cameras come here.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:59 PM

it feels like you're driver's license has been taken away. big brother whispering "coonnnnnfooorrmmmmm connnforrrrmmmmm" everytime you pass one (which is everywhere).

youtube'ing speed camera vandalism is as pleasing as thinking about the many creative ways...
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

We have around 20 cameras here and the city is getting ready to install another 20-25 by years end. People are not happy at all about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i still don't get the speed camera debate... i have gotten caught by 3 different red light/speed cameras since i've been in NM.. yeah it sucks, but i was either speeding or gliding through red on a turn which i was at fault every time..

if the law is not to go over the speed limit and not blow through red lights, just abide by them and you will never end up with tickets.. i dont get the issue with them?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I got a damn ticket and it wasn't me driving. That is one issue I have with them... Military made me sign for a freaking 15 passenger van.. then someone else drove it back. Ironically that someone was a cop, ha.