Other Hyundai Models Forum All Hyundai Forum. Discuss all other Hyundai models here that not listed anywhere else, such as the Hyundai Pony and Hyundai Scoupe!

opinions needed

Old 11-26-2017, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2017 hyundai tucson
Default opinions needed

my car broke down last october 7 because of an oil spill caused by loosened oil gasket. upon questioning the service dept of hyundai they said it might have happened with the last service done to our car (the gasket was not tight enough when it was put back on). long story short the car was cleaned, washed and tested by 2 hyundai dealerships and told us everything is ok. Last wednesday my husband was driving the car when it suddenly went on limp mode (car stopped functioning, wouldnt start, steering wheel locked). we went again to the dealership and service crew told us the engine needs to be replaced because there might be residues that got there due to the previous oil leak. I would like to ask for opinions if I have the right to demand that they replace the car instead because the car is only 1 year old and it was their fault in the first place why there was an oil leak.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

for clarification, are they saying they wont replace the motor under warranty?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

They owe you an engine. They won't buy you a new car because it's "only one year old".