Other Hyundai Models Forum All Hyundai Forum. Discuss all other Hyundai models here that not listed anywhere else, such as the Hyundai Pony and Hyundai Scoupe!

Equus Luxury Sedan?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX
Default Equus Luxury Sedan?

ok, so i saw an advertisement in the newspaper for a "preview showing" of the Equus (eh-kwas), which is finally coming to our shores. It seems that the new sonata led to the azera (big flop), then the genesis sedan, and now the equus? i'm glad to see hyundai stepping up, but i don't know anything about this thing. i found out it was used as a limosine with a 5 liter v8, and they even made bulletproof versions. i DO know it was called centennial in korea, and it's been made for ten years, but other than what i can find on wikipedia and google images, there's not much to learn. has anyone had any time in/around the equus? apparently it's very close to the bmw 7 series, benz s-class and lexus LS. seems silly to have it, when it's based on the genesis sedan, but maybe the genesis sedan would be like our 5-series, and the equus would be like our 7-series? silly koreans designers..
Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you can find a lot of info on autoblog. the limo version will only be available in korea while we will get the big sedan.

i really don't think it will sell though, given none of the cars attributes are really exaggerated and the lights are cheap looking. i would have expected a $50k sedan to at least have some chrome around the headlights (for chrissake the mini cooper has that) maybe some some really nice big tires, extended body panels, or a nice gawky rim design.

the same goes for the new Rolls Royce Phantom. It won't sell because it looks like any other car. That is a car that needs a big radiator up front and some massive overdone body lines like the new Infinitis.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

Our News Bot posts a lot about the equus, do some searches and you should find a lot of info.