Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

"You're Going to Hell!"

Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default "You're Going to Hell!"

Ever hear that from anyone? You tell them you are not religous, or believe in a different religon, or maybe even gay?

How does a person decide you are going to Hell, if they have never even MET the GOD they worship, but have very strong beliefs about him?

If you are living in the Middle East, there is a high chance you are a muslim or surronding religon, and christians in America say that is wrong. But, religon is based a lot on geographical location. If you live in the U.S., there is a high chance you are christian, and proud. But, what if you lived (the same person) in the Middle East, most likely not christian because of the way you are raised.

What do you guys think of this? People telling you that you are going to hell because of different beliefs, or no beliefs.

I think it is absurd, and the people are insecure about their religon. As some even join so that they are not an outcast to the American society. They want to fit in.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by wild-N-out
If you are living in the Middle East, there is a high chance you are a muslim or surronding religon, and christians in America say that is wrong.

I say that statement is totally wrong! There are plenty of Christians in the Middle East, just like there are plenty of Muslims in America. I don't think too many Christians think it's "wrong" to be another religion.

Not really too sure where you're trying to go with this thread...... but people will believe what they believe. And they have every right to believe whatever they want. I think it's wrong for anyone to try and "push" their beliefs on anyone else.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe

People tell me I am going to hell I usual respond back with "What makes you think I am not already in hell?"
Old 03-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

May as well tell them you are sleeping and they are an element in your nightmare about being oppressed for your (lack of?) religion.

A Christian has it on the very highest authority that all non-Christians go to Hell, because it says so right there in the book.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

This thread is surely going to end up in hell
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

My response is always the same... "simpleton".
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Street preacher: You are a sinner and damned to hell!

Myself: Hell is a far more acceptable fate than nothing at all. So if I'm destined to an eternity frying, punished for the meager sins I have committed in my life; where do you see yourself for inflicting personal damnation in the name of a deity who has specifically stated only he/she has said power? Clearly you're not as versed as you claim, considering you deity even sent his own son to circumvent the claims your making. So before lecturing further on a topic you clearly do not understand in the slightest, I would personally ensure that what the book teaches is what you firmly believe; front to back in total. Are you even this cock-sure that there is a diety and afterlife? Let alone a reward for good behavior? It seems to me you're even more iffy on the subject than the next man on the street, being that you have to defile the name of said deity just to build yourself as the superior. You have my deepest sympathy. And, worst case scenario, I hope you are correct.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I usually say "I'm driving the bus! There's booze and strippers in the back if you want me to pick you up!"
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Originally Posted by pas1216
There are plenty of Christians in the Middle East

If by saying plenty you mean rare and almost always in danger of being attacked by the radicals/extremest in the Muslim faith, then I agree. The countries in the Middle East I have visited have few and they are normally found it smallish groups where they can try and support each other.

I don't think too many Christians think it's "wrong" to be another religion.

Northern US and I am assuming Canada, then I agree. In the south where I am. The opposite is true. Here many seem to think if you do not take Jesus as your Lord and Savior you are the reason for everything bad in the world and also your going to hell for sure.

Not really too sure where you're trying to go with this thread.

straight to hell like almost all religious or political threads tend to go.