Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

yes, i caused an accident on the road.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS
Default yes, i caused an accident on the road.

okay, it's friday before Halloween, at 4:30 PM. it's freaking rushthefuckhome hour. below is a screen shot of the road that the accident occured on. it ACTUALLY never looks like that because there's always a clusterfuck of cars.

1. I was coming off the ramp blending into the far right lane. The road splits up ahead so I need to get 2 lanes to the left. As I'm trying to get into the first lane to the left of me, there's a mazda6 that's being a gigantic jackass and won't let me over.. uuuntil he pulls up next to me and see's me. it was like he'd seen a girl for the first time. whatever.
2. so i got pissed because he wouldn't let me over. i get directly behind him, no big deal. he decided he wanted to show off a bit in BUMPER TO BUMPER traffic. so as i'm getting over one more lane he was going to do the same infront of me. i know guys like him all too well so i stay a few cars back from him.
3. as he's checking his blind spot he accelerates like a dumbass and the truck infront of him slammed on his brakes causing jackass to rear end him. i watched the whole thing in slow motion. i slammed on my brakes and everything went FLYING.

i stopped and thank goodness no one was behind me and i put my hazards on. it didn't look like the guy in the mazda was moving and i was shaking so bad when i got out of the car 1. because there's cars flying past me at 45 on both sides of me 2. because i think this guy is dead 3. because if he is alive he's going to be an even bigger raging jackass. i get up to his car and both his air bags deployed, but he was the only one in the car. i asked if he was okay and he said "i think so." he rear ended a tacoma with this old asian guy who rear ended some rich guy in his lifted truck who rear ended another car. 4 car pile up. great. the cops showed up fairly quickly.

The guy in the mazda was so traumatized it looked like he was going to puke. the front of his car was pretty banged up and his windshield was destroyed from the airbags. from what i could tell he only hurt his wrist. i told him to move his car because it was sticking out into the other lane a bit and he obliged. the cop told me to sit in my car because 394576293756 cars were pulling around me from being in the back with my hazards on and the cop didn't want my person to get hit with my own car. anyway, i was a witness and thank goodness my baby was not involved.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Damn that's rough....however sweetly poetic justice for the jackass...sucks for the other dudes though. I think you need to ugly yourself up a little bit, maybe get a nice fake moustache and we wouldn't have these kinds of incidents!

In all seriousness though good reflexes - and good for you to check on the guy. That take courage, because who knows what kind of mess you could have seen...
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Smart thinkin' there Sara. Glad you are not injured.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

just glad you're ok cuteness
Old 10-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I find that Mazda and Jeep drivers tend to drive the worst. Could have been bad for you.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Good job avoiding the wreck, but probably would have been better to pull off to the side than to sit in traffic. HUGE chance of getting hit yourself.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

whats wierd is the fact that i mentioned last night that you should be good at causing accidents

creepy
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I'd say the guy OD'ing on testosterone caused the wreck, not you.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:00 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

QUOTE (Whiplash @ Oct 30 2009, 04:34 PM)
I find that Mazda and Jeep drivers tend to drive the worst. Could have been bad for you.

i had a kid in a mazda3 throw a water bottle at me because he was a sore loser. and a loser at that too.

glad you avoided that one sara
Old 10-31-2009, 05:22 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

jeeps love to hit me, especially those fruity compass's and liberty's