Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Yeah This Is Your Country And Yet Nobody Cares?

Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Supercow @ Mar 1 2007, 04:17 PM)
I understand what your saying majik but the answer isn't letting them into our country and giving them welfare, ss, etc. That is only going to amplify the problem.

The ONLY solution is to help their economy. People get mad about sending jobs to mexico but I'd rather that happen (except for the part were they work for nothing) than for them to come here illegally. I agree those initial stats are probably inflated but with current talk and politicians pushing for all these rights for illegals it is just obviously not the answer. It will only hurt us and it isn't helping mexico any.

edit: btw, google proves out the authenticity of the article. wink1.gif (looks to be about 50/50)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

I didn't really see one that was proven factual, except for the radio stations including AM/FM are about 20.

But what I was saying was NOT that we need to give them welfare, SS, and other things, but through taxes they will be contributing to the Social Security system, Welfare, and taxes that come out of our paychecks.

The government needs to enforce strict penalties on businesses that use illegal immigrants. I knew a guy who owned his own construction company. He couldn't compete anymore and had to shut down his business because he couldn't compete with the other construction companies. He wasn't hiring illegals, but they were, thus keeping their costs down and able to provide cheaper services AND get the stuff done faster. Without the illegals, he said construction costs would be even higher than they are now. He's not an expert, and I don't like the way it worked out for him, but that's a real life example.

If governments actually enforced fines on businesses who employed illegals, and made the fines substantial, there would be far less problems.

THERE'S SOMEBODY EMPLOYING THESE ILLEGALS!! It's not other illegals, it's AMERICANS. We need to place the blame on our fellow american businessmen and our own government, not on the poor Mexicans trying to earn a dollar.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM

We have it just as bad up in Ontario with all the pakis and arabs. They come, take all the jobs (including good ones) and they breed breed breed. Thing is, the government allows it, and encourages them, simply because a) India is to England as Canada is to England. So pretty much they can come here freely. and b) Canada is trying to increase it's population. So they all get welcomed with open arms and handed citizenships, while I get booted out, black labeled, and conditions thrown on me.

Dont get me wrong, I love Canada, Ive met more people from different ethnicities and backgrounds than I EVER did in NY. Russians, Polacks, Hungarians, Estonians, Syrians, Muslims, etc etc etc.

Thing is I wouldnt mind immigrants if they werent so rude and obnoxious and sneaky. Thats just how Mexis are. I hate to sterotype, but the men (at least on LI) are skeevy. They stare at all the women like they are meat, and smirk at them and brush up against you and UGH its just so gross. They always have their entire family with them when they go out, which consists of everyone, from their grandmother to their third cousin twice removed and all 8 children. And the wife is always pregnant. Its the same exact situation with Pakis in Canada. So, go figure.

I just hate everyone, period. Everyone sucks.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ugh here we go.

I never really had a problem with Mexicans or any other ethnicity illegal or not. I actually welcomed them..I like diversity, I like going to places where theres only a certain ethnicity..because you see how they live and what they eat.

Ive had peeves before, like Spanish being almost like a first language but other then that I dont even care.

That article cant be all true..those statistics are just crazy.

They make take some of our jobs but honestly, some of the jobs they do are pretty nasty for little pay. Would any of you want to do them? I wouldnt.

Yeah they may raise crime and such, and I believe there should be some restrictions and new laws but Im not going to hate these people.

Everyone has their opinion and well, I just put mine in.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Mar 1 2007, 08:09 PM)
We have it just as bad up in Ontario with all the pakis and arabs. They come, take all the jobs (including good ones) and they breed breed breed. Thing is, the government allows it, and encourages them, simply because a) India is to England as Canada is to England. So pretty much they can come here freely. and b) Canada is trying to increase it's population. So they all get welcomed with open arms and handed citizenships, while I get booted out, black labeled, and conditions thrown on me.

Dont get me wrong, I love Canada, Ive met more people from different ethnicities and backgrounds than I EVER did in NY. Russians, Polacks, Hungarians, Estonians, Syrians, Muslims, etc etc etc.

Thing is I wouldnt mind immigrants if they werent so rude and obnoxious and sneaky. Thats just how Mexis are. I hate to sterotype, but the men (at least on LI) are skeevy. They stare at all the women like they are meat, and smirk at them and brush up against you and UGH its just so gross. They always have their entire family with them when they go out, which consists of everyone, from their grandmother to their third cousin twice removed and all 8 children. And the wife is always pregnant. Its the same exact situation with Pakis in Canada. So, go figure.

I just hate everyone, period. Everyone sucks.

Wow that is like one step away from the pointy hats and burning crosses. You slam like literally 1/3 of the world's population in one post. Stereotypes lead to hate. Using words like "skeevy,rude,sneaky" to describe whole groups of people is a slippery slope. As for open arms in Canada thing it's "how we roll" It is one of the things that makes my country diffrent from another country (it would seem some have a distain for diffrent judging by this post. )_Immagration policies are a complicated thing. Having lived in several countries I have gotten to know an awful lot of people who are "skeevy,sneaky & rude" and the funny thing is I didn't know it. Funny how that works. I am all for a discussion of illegal immagrants, but lets keep the "white hat S--t" outta this! (at least when you are talking about the country that I love & my friends.)
Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 AM

Hey man, it's the truth. Come down to NY and I'll show you. If you go to certain lower class/lower income towns here, and you go into, say a dollar store, and you're a young chick like me, you're bound to get oogled at and stared at. You look over and see them all grinning like slimeballs and talking to each other in Spanish. Its not a comfortable feeling at all. They always seem to be up to something. I guess you just have to live with it long enough and see it first hand to see what's going on. My best friend's boyfriend is Mexican. He's cool as hell and does not fit the sterotypes at all. Hell I didnt even know he was Mexican until he told me. But he agrees with me about how they are.

Of course there are other people who fit the same description. Hell most NYers are rude and obnoxious, doesn't matter if they're white trash, Mexican, or rich. That's just how they are. And I never said anything about white supremacy. Ask anyone of my friends and they will tell you how much I dislike Italians, lol. Sometimes they're cool, other times they're rude and arrogant and obnoxious and loud-mouthed.

It really doesn't matter what race you are when it comes down to it. If you don't have class, I don't like you. You can be rich, poor, black, white, gay. What matter is if you act appropriately and have class.