Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wut Would U Guys Think If I Bought

Old 07-11-2006, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You say your girl wants a turbo 5-speed Tiburon?

Memory serves me correctly that was an automatic Tiburon.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 10 2006, 06:45 PM)
That car had problems because he stuck with CNK and didn't do any real engine management.

Get it man, and make it fly.

He first had an SAFC with an MSD. Then he bought a Haltech. I think anyone would have touched that and it should be in the car still.

Like FOD said, he only used CNK's IC and pistons.
There was nothing wrong with CNK's parts. It was just hard as hell getting them from him. He was only using other manufacturers parts.

If you want to know what the car had been though, then do a search through Yuri's posts on Hyundaiaftermarket.org

I doubt there are any problems with it that you can't fix fairly easily. As long as it doesn't have any severe knocking from the lower end.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Banned

thanx guys for all the input, i will do a search for the problems that there may be and i will ask for updated mod list, updated pics, etc. if there are any MAJOR problems with the car, i will build a car myself. but if i can get it, even for a while, known as yuris car, its still a pimp tib, fast, and nice as hell.

if it has a haltech, even better.

supposedly this guy has done a few mods, reapolstered back seat, got new spoiler, and relocated battery.

i am emailing him for extra pics, updated mod list and everything, said he just replaced transmission. even if it has SAFC and the MSD, i will add the Korean MAP ECU from airborne, then ill be cookin with gas.. heh. then i will be able to fine tune an already tuned ECU and have MAP so no worries about the damn MAF correction or w/e the problem was.

i am going to look into this alot more before i jump on this, cuz i want something that will be able to be driven around somewhat reliably even if i have to tweak a lil here and there.

missy and me will eventually be giving the car its own personality pending when financial situation is better (my tib will be put on hold after new seats, steering wheel, gauges) to put our money towards yuris old car. hood will be swapped for EVO hood, probably Genuis style front bumper, Type S rear bumper. the spoiler will probably either back to the shark spoiler, or i might have the ATH copied for the rd1. windows will be tinted, rims will be powdercoated. of course this wont be immediate, and still resemble yuris look, but will give the car its own personality cool.gif
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Actually...whats really funny is....if you guys go back and read through some of the old threads on HA about CNK...you'll see that the CNK pistons were actually from a VW. lmao.gif
Old 07-11-2006, 07:54 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif really?

oh man thats awesome i never knew that...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Cottonmouth @ Jul 11 2006, 06:37 AM)
You say your girl wants a turbo 5-speed Tiburon?

Memory serves me correctly that was an automatic Tiburon.

He did a 5spd swap
Old 07-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

ahh, wow VW pistons.. so are/were the VW pistons low compression or what? lol cuz if they are not alot lower compression, im not gonna push em much harder than i would push mine in my rd2. any info on the whole VW piston thing?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (visionz @ Jul 11 2006, 08:45 AM)
Actually...whats really funny is....if you guys go back and read through some of the old threads on HA about CNK...you'll see that the CNK pistons were actually from a VW. lmao.gif

I believe they were hypereutectic. And as long as they have the same surface diameter, pin diamter, and lower the compression, then it doesn't matter what car they came out of. Several stock cars have better pistons than ours.
A friend of mine is looking into the supra pistons because they are the same size and almost the same pin diameters. The compression should lower a lot.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Banned

^^sweet

i also just noticed the car has a nice BBK on it..

Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

that thing is still around@!!!!!

might need an entire overhaul, no telling who's owned it and done what to it in the last few years. I know those pictures are several years old. I'd get new updated pictures before considering it.