Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Would you ever brake check a cop?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon
Default Would you ever brake check a cop?

If a cop was right on your back bumper, would anyone here have the guts to brake check them? I probably wouldnt but I know others who would and one guy who actually did. The cop hit him, messed up his bumper pretty bad, and got into a ton of trouble because he was following too closely and not paying attention. He wasnt running my friends plate. Just following real close to try and get my friend to move out the way. No lights or siren or anything. My friend ended up going through the towns insurance company to have his car fixed but he definitely had alot of guts to do that to the cop.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

yes

resulted in me getting pulled over and held for 3 hours for "suspicion of DUI" even though i didnt drink at all and passed the sobriety test

was it worth it? yes
Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

^ lol
Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 02/hyundai/accent

i did it once right after i got pulled over for being a "suspicious subject"... basically in douschebag cop terms, i drive a fast car. well he thought it would be great idea after not being able to give me a ticket to proceed to stick on my ass and keep his extremely bright flashlight thing attached to his sideview mirror on in the process. well he didnt like it to much after i did a little excessive break check and he slammed into me. he started screaming, calling me a moron that i was breaking for no reason. my excuse: well if you werent a complete a**hole maybe i would be able to judge the distance to my exit if your bright ass light wasnt blinding me... he said nothing. the next exit wasnt for another mile lol. the state of nj ended up paying for everything since he was a state trooper. everything was caught on his dash cam and he got demoted from undercover patrol to basic uniformed patrol. about 2 weeks ago he pulled me for being a "suspicious subject" again, he saw my face. walked back to his car and took off.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

IMO, brake checking is stupid, and doing it to somebody you'd have to go through the government bureaucracy to get your car fixed is doubly so. Just let off the gas and 95% of people will catch a clue when you are being passed on both sides by people going the speed limit. Driving close behind somebody trying to 'push' is also stupid and won't work for trucks or cops if I'm in any lane except the passing lane.

I keep debating myself whether or not to get this printed up and put it on my trunk. It seems too long, what do you think:

See Dick

Dick is tailgating

Tailgating is dangerous

Stop tailgating, Dick!