Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why is this generation at the peak of socially retarded?

Old 11-22-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Accent
Default Why is this generation at the peak of socially retarded?

Casually browsing the Facebook and run across this gem:

Ks5pviF.jpg

Apparently a male with a wedding ring on is grounds for declaring that he is cheating on his wife. Seriously? What the f*ck is wrong with this generation? I don't care what it is, if it's something as casual as a lunch on a week-day you are just an insecure idiot to immediately assume he wants to cheat on his wife.

I have to take clients out to lunch all the time, I've also had higher management that was also a female take me out to lunch as well. I never felt the need to notify my wife that I had a casual lunch with another woman. If your wife is always wondering whom you are having lunch with, than she is clearly incredibly insecure. But obviously this is a step past that.

Am I just crazy here? I think things like this are why most people can't respect feminism, and why things like "Safe Spaces" now exist...
Old 11-23-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

nQcaZZ9.jpg #
Old 11-23-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I have a lot of female friends. Sometimes when I meet someone that is cool but happens to be female I'll ask them to hang out. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Fairly often I get some sort of "I'm sorry but I don't want to date you."

Great. I probably don't want to date you either, I just thought you might like to do some of the things we just talked about both liking to do. Nevermind though, now I'm no longer interested.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My wife would be (to be euphemistic) extremely unhappy if I were having "just lunch" with female anybody not in the family. And probably suspicious if it weren't people from the nuclear family. She's from Northern Mexico, and the culture there informs her hysterical side that "just lunch" is 1 degree removed from "just f*cking".

It's not logical, it's cultural.