Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why America Builds Bad Cars

Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Funny lol lmao.gif

Well, it nailed how cars are made disposable here, and we really should try harder to appeal to countries to export to; but i dont get how hes trying to get how some places have courteous drivers is a bad thing.

But drive in NYC and NJ and try and tell me people aren't aggressive and wont run you down if you walk across a 6 lane intersection

And i'm sure he was there for 2 hours trying to find 6 people who couldn't name a European country, every place has its dumb people, and i know we have our fair share, but it'd be a challenge to find 3 people in a row that couldn't name a capital of at least one European country

England - London

Italy - Rome

France - Paris

Spain - Madrid

Germany - Berlin

Poland - Warsaw

Portugal - Lisbon

So there nana.gif
Old 01-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

^you prolly googled that
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM

^ lol but I do agree that american cars not not made well at all.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

american muscle cars were made well. but incredibly heavy and fuel inefficient. although a polish fiat 126p could surely outlast a muscle car wink1.gif

i love that guy. he proves these things so well. in europe, even if you're the poorest street begger there is you're still smart as hell. the thing he was suggesting with the people not running him over have to do with the car's performance and how because most of the time american drivers get everything handed to them their cars don't have to be a mixed bag. it's completely true how average americans buy/lease cars and use them for about 4 years and throw them away. in europe they end up picking a good car once and for all and the only reason they would trade it in would be because its has taken a beating.

it just goes to show how disoriented this country is under the flesh. i see this everytime i'm at work, ladies coming in packed with makeup not realizing this is really a hostile world where you have to survive. they think showing up with permed hair is the most important thing.

i don't think he spent any time looking for dumb people, jay leno did this in a matter of minutes and showed how dumb some people are over here. they didn't answer ridiculous questions like who the first president was and how many states are there.

he's not saying it's a bad thing for america, he's just trying to point out that our cars are probably useless when it comes to foreign competition and are less sporty and agile in demanding environments. he's saying americans like to be orderly, like driving straight and that's the way their cars were built. he's pointing out we have such a different world.

i test drove some GM models and i think it's safe to conclude that they're crap for the money. the one i hated most was the new malibu, the door pierced my chest twice and the whole car itself is annoying as hell and no parformance whatsoever. i don't want to talk about it smile.gif i'm happy to be in my hyundai.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

What a bunch of Biased crap. I hate that show. British cars are junk. I would take a Corvette over a Jag or a Land Rover. Land Rover use BMW V8's now.. Jaguar makes one of the most unreliable car in the USA.

If this thread was made by me, I probably would have gotten banned. It's just that way now, I guess.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I guess each person it entitled to their own opinion KR.

But your nuts man.

Have you been in a factory and watched the z06 being made? What about its designs? Budgets? Engineered? Tested? etc..

Do you know what materials are used to make up its dash? LOL, go research that and tell me what you find.

Land Rover uses BMW v8's now sooo? They have been using BMW parts for a very long time now, why? Because BMW owns Land Rover....since 1994.

Land Rover has also used v8 engines since 1985. So I don't see where you are going with this. Do you know the quality standards of BMW and GM? I still work in the auto motive industry, there are things you see which you wouldn't even believe, in both parties. Not one company is perfect. More frequently GM tho if compared to BMW. Here's an example, a recent die for the mold of a head lamp housing for the BMW has a margin of error 1 thou or else they will tell you to fvck off and they will go find another company. GM on the other hand, it's margin of error on all dies is +/- 4.3 thou.

Hmm, take that into consideration when something starts rattling in a 2 year old GM, and nothing rattles in a 5 year old BMW.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Jan 20 2007, 03:10 PM)
But drive in NYC and NJ and try and tell me people aren't aggressive and wont run you down if you walk across a 6 lane intersection

I thought the same thing. As he was trying that stunt, I was thinking try that here! You have to be aggressive to drive in these states.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (tanc @ Jan 20 2007, 11:04 PM)
I guess each person it entitled to their own opinion KR.

But your nuts man.

Have you been in a factory and watched the z06 being made? What about its designs? Budgets? Engineered? Tested? etc..

Do you know what materials are used to make up its dash? LOL, go research that and tell me what you find.
Land Rover uses BMW v8's now sooo? They have been using BMW parts for a very long time now, why? Because BMW owns Land Rover....since 1994.

Land Rover has also used v8 engines since 1985. So I don't see where you are going with this. Do you know the quality standards of BMW and GM? I still work in the auto motive industry, there are things you see which you wouldn't even believe, in both parties. Not one company is perfect. More frequently GM tho if compared to BMW. Here's an example, a recent die for the mold of a head lamp housing for the BMW has a margin of error 1 thou or else they will tell you to fvck off and they will go find another company. GM on the other hand, it's margin of error on all dies is +/- 4.3 thou.

Hmm, take that into consideration when something starts rattling in a 2 year old GM, and nothing rattles in a 5 year old BMW.

Then why are European cars, particulary German cars, declining in reliability? Land Rover have been using V8's that were derived from 1960's Buick V8's. If the quality standard is soooo good, then why is the BMW 7 series one of the worst reliable car in America? Anyways, whatever, I would take an American car over a British car. I love Corvettes. Top Gear tested both Viper and Corvette and flat out said "they are crap".
Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Sparticus @ Jan 20 2007, 03:53 PM)
^you prolly googled that

yah def not, i went to class in highschool wink1.gif